D Fitzgerald
D Lohan

C Malone
M Rodgers
P Duggan

K Smyth
I Galvin
D Reidy

https://x.com/higheredgaa/status/1774884603502744063?s=46&t=bi9TPLB4aIa07RQv_xWOxQ

1 Like

7 of last years minor team starting

I donā€™t know what to make of the team named- would be surprised if they were to start in those positions. It has plenty of athletic lads with hurling but wouldnā€™t have anywhere near the power of last years side who were very strong in the middle third.

Leydon at full back is a natural six and would be a very surprised if he was able to limit Oā€™Brien one v one. The two corner backs are solid hurlers. I know very little about Woods at wing back. Gunning as always will bring serious pizzazz and it is good to see him play out the field - he will get the crowd going any time he gets on the ball.

Rynne can play anywhere from 5 to 12 but I think he is more suited to half back or midfield but he will bring workrate and ball winning to the hand forwards with Kilroy. Both Oā€™Farrell and Whelan are ā€œnice hurlersā€ but I doubt either will standout at this level - assume one of them will be on frees.

Collins and Oā€™Neill inside is interesting - I would be surprised if Oā€™Neill spends much time in their as his whole game is based on hard running and carrying ball - he is very similar to his club mate Ryan Taylor in that manner. Collins is probably best suited to corner forward at senior given his movement and skill level so will be interesting to see how he goes.

None of last years minors made the bench strangely enough and it looks watery enough aside from Organ who is a unit.

Collins looks the real deal in fairness; a classy, classy forward. Obviously another step up again at 20s level compared to minor or schools but he has it.

I like Rynne a lot too; from what Iā€™ve seen of him, would agree that he would seem best suited to midfield. He was very good against us last year at this grade.

1 Like

Rynne aside Iā€™d see the 4 other lads who are of the age as the weaker links of the side. Like last years minors may well struggle against lads two years their senior who are a bit further ahead in development but they have the hurling and athleticism they just need time. Iā€™d see Leydon, Oā€™Connor, Whelan and Oā€™Farrell as solid lads who are probably flaky or just lacking something for this level but maybe they have improved over the winter.

Itā€™s not like Limerick will have loads of monsters; I would say we were physically the smallest & lightest of all the teams at 20s last year, were bullied a bit at times.

Bar SOB, who is a big unit and can use his physicality, I canā€™t think of anyone who would be at that level of conditioning (Vince Harrington has gone massive but heā€™s only on the bench). A lot of them would be light but with plenty of scope to develop; thatā€™ll take a few years of work yet though.

Should be lively and able to run around the middle third though.

Same 26 but surely a few positional changes

https://x.com/gaaclare/status/1778332550840168868?s=46&t=bi9TPLB4aIa07RQv_xWOxQ

Sounds like Marc Oā€™Brien had a nasty knee injury last night for the minors. He did a cruciate before so here is hoping it isnā€™t as serious as he is a fantastic talent.

Sounds like TK wonā€™t make the 26 so David Reidy will start you would think and Davy Mc will come in for Galvin. Only real selection headache is whether it is Leen, Hayes or Flanagan at corner back.

Fair few changes from the usual league team, whether theyā€™re taking a chance trying to get minutes into a few lads

Is Keelan Sexton gone? Know heā€™s in New York

Clare should tank it for the Craic and let Waterford into the All Ireland series

Thereā€™s a Clare journalist who does videos from his car, at least he did after the Munster final last year, an older chap, big supporter of Lohanā€¦ does this ring any bells for anyone?

Was looking for his take on the game.

Itā€™ll have been the refereeā€™s fault.

Nicholas Rynne

1 Like

I think he usually has delays now for Munster matches/All-Ireland matches because of getting a slap on the wrist from the GAA for breaching embargoes for player interviews etc. His stuff will probably come out today for the match.

Used to be called Clare GAA TV - but now is called Clare TV (anything with the name GAA in it is being asked to remove it)

I actually enjoy him funnily enough, but he is ALL
ABOUT CLARE. Like the post above said - itā€™ll be the referees fault

1 Like

Thanks lads

1 Like

Munster football final slated for Ennis. A day out anyway

1 Like