Clare Gaa 🐐 Thread mark II

I can find that out tonight if you need to know.

1 Like

Where’s Keith Smyth gone? Presume he’s injured. Impressed during league.

Bad hamstring injury in a challenge match v Galway at Easter and re-aggravated it recently with the club shortly after returning. He won’t see action this summer

Anyone go into Limerick?
Live on YouTube, point down

Both teams used wind badly, Clare in 1st half, Tipp now

Tipp finally ran thru middle and got their goal now though

Their ff did very well for that goal. That was always minimum between them after that. Some of our lads came out of it well.

Group 1 Clonlara, Ballyea, Eire Og, Clooney Quin
Group 2 Feakle, Cratloe, Kilmaley, Corofin
Group 3 Scariff, Inagh-Mona, Broadford, Mills
Group 4 Crusheen, NoF, Bridge, Barefield

1 Like

Not a bad draw for Corofin.

That first group looks very tough.

Broadford v The Mills will be some battle.

https://twitter.com/BrennanEoin/status/1792987733138251875?t=jiAJHs6nt_HFvAfZ8PoGsw&s=19

Group of death!

Players not enjoying new management with Broadford is my understanding. Will be interesting come Championship time if there’s complete burn out.

https://www.rte.ie/news/courts/2024/0709/1459019-niall-gilligan/

Congratulations to Clare.

Despite local rivalries, it is great to see the joy that comes from a county winning only their fifth All Ireland. Cork will speak about a generation not seeing a title but there is something different that it means in counties where this is an absolute rarity. You never know if there will be another around the corner. It’s why we in Limerick have enjoyed the last few years so much. It may never happen again and, as Clare have seen, a decade can pass in the blink of an eye.

Cork have great players and will be back but watching a legendary warrior like Lohan being hoisted up today is why we all watch the sport. He came in at the beginning of 2020 with a raft of background noise and issues. Kelly describing him in the speech today was no doubt representative of how the overwhelming majority of Clare people feel.

I dip in and out here for Limerick club updates mostly but it’s a great place for looking back on games like that. An epic All-Ireland which only leaves you pining for the first round of the championship again.

26 Likes

A bottle of Redbreast 27 presented out to John Conlon on arrival in the local this eve. Ryan Taylor in like a flash to assist.

7 Likes

Some night in Clon last night I believe

A lovely wholesome post

(post deleted by author)