Closed topic

Racism eh? Go on…

Another thread fucked

200 (8)

I’d consider myself on the far left of attitudes to travellers on tfk and among my friends and I’d answer no to nearly every one of those questions.

1 Like

Which one would you say yes to Arthur?

1 Like

Id like to think I’d take the candidate on their merits if I was an employer.

But not if they were offering you a blowjob?

1 Like

Naturally, but I know my late mam would have ran me and any travelling woman I was with out the gap, 2of my brothers had a lash off a few of them in Tralee one time, by all accounts nice girls

2 Likes

As I said I’d take the candidate on all their various merits

1 Like

They have an 80% unemployment rate, would there be any other ethnic group in the world with a worse rate? But I suppose it’s all someone else fault.

1 Like

They were all bullied in school.

I’m not familiar with the stats mate, you’re probably right, but there’s a lot of reasons for that , I’m sure you’re aware,
20% is poor enough but I’m sure it will surprise others that it’s even as high as that

I don’t want a row, I’ve never had an issue with you and I won’t be turned
I think that a significant minority of travellers are toxic in our society but their treatment (whole community) is scandalous, and it’s widely accepted by the educated classes which is more the pity

2 Likes

No problem mate, no issues from me and it’s ok to have a difference of opinion. I just think this pandemic as really shown them in a terrible light. They have no interest in conforming. A family was given a house close to me, house party NYE, family and friends calling to the door and staying over every second day. They basically do what they want.

4 Likes

See you’re judging all travellers off the back of the actions of one family. That’s the problem.

Settled people have had parties too and not given a fuck about others.

1 Like

No I’m not.

@EstebanSexface had a concrete block smashed over his noggin by a traveller and this enlightened him to how unfairly ostracized they are by society.

I played gaelic, hurling and soccer with a load of them, yet to meet a sound one but I’m in the @Arthur camp and judge every person on their individual merits so I live in hope.

That incident made me hate and fear all travellers, I was a racist and I was very wrong

Becoming friends with Travellers has made me see the error of my ways and seeing some of the treatment some of these good people get, because a minority of them are bad, is just plain wrong.

Noone here will convince me otherwise

3 Likes

Ok mate, you sound like you’ve stockholm syndrome but good luck to you

1 Like