Club Championships 2017

Jaysus, this place is like a farmyard.

GOAL for Castlebar after 2 minutes. A series of quick handpasses cuts Corofin open and the ball is palmed to the net from close range.

GOAL for Corofin after 10 minutes. A series of quick handpasses cuts Castlebar open and the ball is kicked to the net from close range.

1-1 each.

Itā€™s like a grimmer, more decrepit version of Hyde Park.

1 Like

It looks like it hasnā€™t had a lick of paint since the 1940s

Nothing is grimmer than Dr. Hyde Park.

But Hyde Park is very nice.

Galway Co board put the money in to Pearse Stadium in a traffic bottleneck . The football fraternity prefer tuam and their hurling counterparts Athenry .

1 Like

The way the damp is seeping down through the perimeter wall on the far side really brings home the dankness of a winter day in the west of Ireland.

Galway is great for pinky red mould growing on walls.

2 Likes

This will go down to the wire

Moy 0-9 Rostrevor 0-8

A fairytale win for the Cavanagh brothers.

1 Like

Another goal for Corofin.

Theyā€™ve looked very threatening in this regard so far. Castlebar are in trouble at the back.

Corofin 2-4 Castlebar 1-3 HT

Castlebar have been poor since scoring a very early goal. Corofin looking much more dangerous when they come forward. Both teams persisting with kick passes bouncing in front of the recipient, on a bog of a pitch with little bounce.

I donā€™t think Kieran Fitzgerald has come back on for Corofin after being injured by his own player - heā€™d be a big loss for them.

Moved

Deferred matches thread please:

Tuam is some bog.

Itā€™s like a sponge, or a bog.

Itā€™s very hard to see Castlebar get back into this.

Two quick scores now to push it back out to a five point gap.

I often do a half time compost myself.

1 Like

Thatā€™s tuam alright.

Very few stadiums in general have a lick of paint at all though.

@Fagan_ODowd is advancing a fallacious argument.