Club Championships 2017

Keeper shouldn’t be beaten at his near post like that.

1 Like

Nap to a man dominated second half despite being short two men. Dowling did some eye catching stuff but pretty much every nap player won his own battle second half or at worst broke even as opposed to Dowling changing the game.

Slaughneil simply didn’t have the hurling to live with them once the pace was upped

2 Likes

Ah in fairness it was a unique goal that the majority of players would not be able to pull off. For all of Dowlings flaws, which lads on here like to castigate him for, I’ve seen him do some of the best pieces of individual skill on a pitch. Today’s goal, the goal he scored through the forest of Tipp Defenders in 2014 while moving away from the goal, the one handed point in the AISF v Kilkenny in 2014 in the rain with JJ Delaney hanging off of him, he has the knack of scoring some really unique scores or pulling off flashes of skill that others can’t

9 Likes

There was no stopping that. John troy will we ever see his likes again. :disappointed_relieved:

Considering he was a crutch player only a few weeks back it was a hell of an effort from the Dow today.

2 Likes

Jim Troy would have saved that.

2 Likes

The Dow is a Sow and we fucking wouldn’t have it any other way

Here. Analyse the fuck out of it and come back

More fat hurlers than usual in that passage of play. Fitness doesn’t seem to be important in stick hurling.

The game versus Wexford in 2014 he gave the most brilliant pass to David Breen while falling to the ground and opened the Wexford defense wide open. He has his moments no doubt. He would be a far better player if not having to lead the line so much. Ronan Lynch was superb today.

1 Like

We only got going after the two lads were sent off will need to be at the pitch of it from the first minute against Cuala

1 Like

He’s a clutch player. Fat as a fool but talented as fuck.

1 Like

Who were the lads sent off. Are they big losses?

Thomas Grimes & Conor Boylan both on the limerick 21s panel last year.

Grimes is a loss, Boylan wouldn’t of started next day with dowling back but would of been first sub in .

Not so bad so. I fancy ye to take cuala if Dowling is fit. Well not injured anyway :grin:

No ‘ye’ here kid.

Just an observer.

I don’t think there are many who would doubt Dowling’s talent. His All-Star in 2014 was well-deserved and he was a real star at underage. He’s had some really fine days at senior level too, against top opposition.

But there is no doubt he could be fitter and his striking off his right-hand side could be better. He’s got a bags of talent but will be in a real fight for a starting position for Limerick this year. Which I think will suit him, competition for places is always good and Dowling at his best will be some asset.

That one-handed point was simply outstanding.

Dowling is a maverick in the the truest sense of the word, even more so than Cian Lynch. A lot of lads would have written him off completely for the Limerick team based on Gillane’s performances but today was a reminder that Dowling is a scorer and above all we need those.

1 Like

Dirty Limerick bastards. 2 men sent off.

Ah lads no one is doubting Dowling’s skill but yesterday he did well against a team that wouldn’t win the Limerick intermediate championship .

He had a bad injury for the last 4 months and given his natural physique that will create fitness issues . He didn’t look that heavy either .

I still think he isn’t tidy enough striking in tight situations and he lacks a kick of pace .

He will have his work cut out to make starting 15 this year .

1 Like