Club Championships 2017

He will most definitely struggle to start particularly now that Kyle Hayes has proven himself to be just as good a free taker. However yesterday suggested to me that he still has something to offer. All be it, taking the quality of the opposition into account.

Clem Smith timbered Mullane over the head that day and there was no more from him…think we were 12 points down at one stage…

Downing will save Limerick hurling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvfF4miAGUk

3 Likes

Slaugtneill wouldn’t win the limerick intermediate championship yet gave na pairsaigh a much tougher game than kilmalock for example. Strange logic by some posters on here.

3 Likes

There was a big crush at the city end that day … A lot of panic until they open the gates and let spectators onto the field.

1 Like

Them knock out game were great . Never the same bite in Munster since

1 Like

Yea. Myself and the father were in the middle of it.

1 Like

When 15 are hurling against 13, it’s alays going to be a struggle. Christ you’re as thick as a plank

1 Like

What a match

1 Like

They were struggling much more 15 on 15

1 Like

4th year in a row galway champs beat in semi’s, 3 of the 4 comfortable defeats. The standard of galway club hurling has decreased considerably.

Or maybe it just a lot more even hence all Ireland medals in Galway lads back pockets this year

2 Likes

It’s a lot more?

Think you mean Gillane, pal.

Kyle is a super player, but I wouldn’t let him take a free. :joy:

1 Like

Sorry my bad

That really was proper summer Championship hurling- fast, frenzied and frenetic.

James Butler was a super little hurler.

It was indeed. Tbh I thought we were fucked after 20 minutes

The quality of the top teams has but there are lots of good hurlers in Galway . When they near dominated this competition they under achieved at IC level.

I know but galway champs don’t deserve a bye into all Ireland semi surely.