Club Championships 2017

Seems very similar to the JK Brackens/Killea relationship here in Tipp

Would be few lads who would play with lismire later on if coukdnt give full committmemt to a higher grade. They had a fella Johnny O Connor who won a heap of fitgibbons and played senior with the Barrs and cork and he went back there in his late 30s and 40s and played junior be with them for years. Lads from kanturk with no connection to lismire would have gone up there and played a bit too just to get a game or whatever. As I said was always cordial as far as I can recall until last 10 years or so

Colin O Riordan the former Tipp footballer who now plays in Australia is from Killea. He played for Brackens all the way up but when he went to Australia he got a transfer to Killea and played in a mid junior B final a few weeks ago while he was home. Tomas Hamill who’s on the fringes of the Tipp hurling team played underage for Brackens as well, then moved to Killea for a year but as they only have a junior B team moved again to a completely different club and I imagine he’ll end up back at Killea when he finishes up

1 Like

Are you from Templemore?

Sounds like a sensible approach

No

Kilcoo and Slaughtneil in Ulster this weekend and it’s not on TV.

:angry:

Eir ???

Think Eir only have rights to show on Saturday evenings?

Yes . TG4 are showing the Munster club hurling final on Sunday .

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

It’s only (ulster) football mate.

1 Like

Ballintubber beat Hollymount-Carramore by 6 in quarter final replay tonight.

They now play Claremorris in the semis

Ballintubber survived a red card for Cillian O’Connor to advance to the Mayo SFC semi-final at the second time of asking tonight.

Having been held to a 0-17 apiece draw by Hollymount-Carramore last Saturday at MacHale Park, 14-man 'Tubber dug deep to overcome the 2015 intermediate champions on a 0-18 to 1-9 scoreline in their replayed clash.

The county grounds once again provided the setting for the quarter-final fixture and it was Tony Duffy’s charges that took a 1-6 to 0-7 lead into the dressing room at half-time, with county minor star Nathan Moran netting the game’s only goal.

But Ballintubber were much improved after the interval and the three-time Moclair Cup winners took control of proceedings, outscoring their opponents - who also finished without the full complement of players - 0-11 to 0-3 to reach an eight county semi-final in nine years.

They now progress to the last four where they will play Claremorris - surprise winners over Breaffy - on Sunday and county captain O’Connor will be available after he received two yellow cards.

Meanwhile, holders Castlebar Mitchels face Garrymore in the other semi-final on the same day.

Cillian O Connor with his customary “good foul” no doubt.

What are Eir showing this weekend?

Ryan Johnston out for Kilcoo at the weekend with a broken bone in his foot. Huge loss and it’s hard to see past Slaugtneil now.

The winners will play the Tyrone Champions (Omagh or Errigal). I’d fancy Omagh to give Ulster a good go if they progress. We could be in for a repeat of the 2015 Ulster final with Slaughtneill pipped Omagh with a last minute point, this would be an absolute ding dong battle.

I’m pretty sure the Dublin football semi finals are on Saturday evening

The bridge will have cloony beat in 10 minutes cc @Big_Dan_Campbell @caulifloweredneanderthal

1 Like

That’s fighting talk Joseph.