Club Championships 2017

12 noon :laughing:

1 Like

It would be a big scalp to beat an Intermediate team from a hurling stronghold like Wexford, in their backyard

Junior pal. They branded it intermediate A to appease the relegated teams. Only the second team from wexford to make the final in 15 years, kilkenny teams making the final every year winning 12. I think we win the poor mouth. Enjoy the day either way!

1 Like

Fair play @Gman, great win for ye in the end. Didnā€™t go for a finish, gave the ticket to someone else.

1 Like

Leinster champions! Great stuff!

3 Likes

Buff feeling sorry for the Lockes, Junior v Intermediate he saidā€¦

Fair play. All I heard was that the better team won. Yeā€™re out in London next I believe. Good luck with the rest of the campaign.

3 Likes

Youā€™d forgive him for the confusion, if it wasnā€™t for the wexford intermediate final being on right after that game!

Yeah by far the better side. I think the Lockeā€™s only scored 1-3 from play. And despite getting so many frees some of the crowd gave unreal abuse to the ref after. One aul lad was calling me a prick and a bollix coz the ref won us the game! Some yoke. The Lockeā€™s fellas behind me at the game were gentlemen tho. Decent sorts. The red card for the Lockeā€™s corner back was ridiculous. It was a foul, but never a yellow which was his second. Didnā€™t affect the game, but still.

Our midfield had a field day. Destroyed your boys all through. It was clear as day, but no change or altering of tactics. The 2 lads, with the centre forward and centre back cleaned up on puck outs and clearances. A goal for the Lockeā€™s from a most dubious free at the death put a bit of gloss on the final score.

Onto London now. A win in the first round was a bonus, here on out is just icing on the cake.

1 Like

Bally bacon will sort you good and proper

2 Likes

Is Garrett Foley good enough to be in a Wexford squad @gman?

On form, he can be excellent. For some reason tho he has only ever been played as a corner back with the county set up. This year will have helped his cause in making a claim for a spot

Would Fethard be seen as a traditional football area ?? Where would Fethard folk go to secondary school in the main ?

Christ the king, St. Marys, St. Endas, St. Josephs and the Sisters of Mercy.

Pray for us.

1 Like

Pearses are a very good outfit. Theyā€™re also quite physical and like to lower the blade early. If you stop their centre back from hurling youā€™ll go a long way to beating them.

1 Like

Yeah would traditionally be seen as football, but would probably play more hurling, you could say to a detriment as it is a very small population and the crossover is nearly 100%. In their only senior football win, they got to senior hurling semi final the same year. They have got to 3 premier minor football finals in last 6 years, and in the same years as that, got to one final and 2 semis of premier hurling.

Ramsgrange and Good Counsel would be the 2 main schools for attendance. Sporting wise there is a huge gulf between those 2.

1 Like

What position has Garrett Foley been playing this season?

Mid field. Been there more often than not in hurling the last few years.

1 Like

Lads Slaughtneil vs Kilcar is on TG4 now.

Maybe I was the only one who didnā€™t realise this was on live

Iā€™m watching it.
decent game.plenty good football and skill.

Michael Hegarty looks in serious nick for Kilcar.

Referee is a gobshite though. Clearly does not know the rules