Club Championships 2018

How many in intermediate championship or is there one?

6 in the intermediate (albeit Naomh Brid conceded walkovers in 4 of their 5 games) and 8 in the junior.

Its a complete clusterfuck. There was meant to be 6 in senior. Naomh Brid had opted out of senior a few weeks before it was due to start, as they did last year. Bagenalstown opted out of senior for intermediate about a week before it was meant to start. Its not that long ago since it was an 8 club senior championship.

1 Like

#TheToughest

1 Like

jez doesn’t augur well Geoffrey for the Carlow senior hurling team heading into a Leinster senior hurling championship round robin next year

makes Kerry with its 8 senior hurling hurling clubs look like a whopper of a championship

The 2nd strings of these clubs plus the first teams of Kenmare, Kilgarvan ,Dr Crokes contest the intermediate

Mount Leinster Rangers and Myshall have clubs in all three championships - senior, intermediate and junior. St Mullins are in senior and intermediate and Ballinkillen in senior and junior. Carlow Town are in intermediate and junior. I don’t know what’s going on in Naomh Brid. The club seems to have collapsed in the space of about two years, withdrawn from senior and conceding walkovers across all grades. That was an amlgamation in the mid 90’s of Leighlinbridge/Old Leighlin and Ballinabrana, a strong hurling area. There’s still a sprinkling of good hurlers of intercounty standard in the county but not a hope with four senior clubs of living with Galway, Kilkenny, Wexford and Dublin over 4/5 weeks.

Ref told get a result.

Fucking crazy shit

Tipp are put since when?

June. County board and divisions said before the Munster championship that there would be no games played till August at the earliest regardless of how Tipp did. That way clubs could plan and players could book holidays. This playoff is a result of the board awarding a walkover in April.

Another draw was surely the last result he was told to get

That decision is biting woefully hard now. They should have refixed the game when Carrick offered it.

1 Like

Devane wanted to flex his muscles. An ape of a county chairman. Regularly abuses delegates from the top table.

His card has been marked a long time, how he got the votes was baffling.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he didn’t last his term. Delegates are getting sick of his behaviour including the mid Chairman who’s a clubman of his

I’m guessing he meant the fact he played 10 minutes injury time was because he wanted a winner and no one could get one. Could be wrong.

Drom were leading by 2 points entering injury time, Upperchurch scored the next 3 points in injury time before a Drom equaliser. Doubt the ref was told to ensure a winner on that basis, it’s a mini round robin anyway.

1 Like

Yeah I doubt a ref would look to screw a team over.

New information according to Mullach suggests there was scores after normal time.

However. How are we to know what goes on in refs heads. A large majority if them are doing it for wrong reasons

Strange goings on alright. We played naomh brid in the junior leinster hurling last year after they won the intermediate county final. The fact that are year on they are unable to field is madness.

It’s all about to go tumbling down

GAA is sabotaging itself

I have said for years only complete collapse will enable change

That or strikes. All out overwhelming strikes

Last round robin of Dublin senior football championship resumes this weekend with the county lads sweating out Guinness and Blue Wkd this week. County board have made some fuck up (they’re fallible despite the millions and millions) and made it an open draw for the quarter finals, meaning no benefit if you finish first in your group (top 2 from each of the 4 groups go through). So there’ll be a few dead rubbers. Boden v Plunketts prob the pick of the ties. Be interesting to see if Connolly togs for Vincent’s after his sojourn too.