Club Championships 2024

How the Crossmaglen full back wasn’t sent off in the TG4 game, I’ll never know.

Presume it’s a group game and they’ll have another chance?

Rian sent off now. 8 scores is very poor for the famous Cross in an Armagh SFC game.

Don’t know. Also assume Cross aren’t gone yet.

A melee on the way into the tunnel between BG & DLS.

Draw game at HT, DLS missed a penalty, BG scored theirs.

2-22 to 2-15. Chris Nolan and Teddy Joyce inspiring a bit of a comeback for the 14 men. The sending off was for interfering with a face guard.

My take on it from another thread. Joe was conspicously absent from the Dubs tv stream at the weekend. :man_shrugging:

Was there not talk that Darren Gleeson would be involved? Or was that Laois?

I haven’t heard anything so far regarding Dublin. They generally don’t rush things and keep them well under wraps. The MD appointment being a case in point.

Didn’t hear anything about Laois either, @myboyblue the man in the know there surekt

1 Like

I’d say Rangers will be kicking themselves. I’d have them down as a better all round team than St Mullins with the conveyor belt they have coming through from U20. As @Fagan_ODowd would say about Kilkenny teams, St Mullins are divils with a sniff of a chance. They have the match winners in their ranks in Mouse, James Doyle, Conor Kehoe, Paddy Boland. They’re still largely relying on the old guard that got them to Leinster Final, 5 years ago.

Rangers season was a bit of a clusterf*ck in a lot of ways. Chris Nolan and Fiachra Fitzpatrick coming back late from US, getting the calculation on their days for clearance for semi final wrong by a day, Fiachra Fitzpatrick getting banned for 12 weeks then without even playing. Their goalkeeping issues in replacing Frank Foley cost them last Sunday too

2 Likes

Darren wants the job and has been inside the corridors of power. Whether he gets it is another matter

1 Like

He’s away on holidays if main commentator Oisìn Langan is to be believed.

Stand in on co-comm duty for Vins V Craobh was not unfamiliar.

I heard King Henry over the weekend but that could just be a natural reverse to the MD switch

Heard Ciaran Kilkenny gave an exhibition in the Junior B championship the weekend.

That’s the club’s second team. Didn’t think he was gonna play this year

Brian Howard came on for Raheny at senior B this weekend. Never knew he hurled at all.

Kilkenny was a flaking hurler underage. Saw him at Sen B though about 2 years ago and he struggled though.

They all want to be like Con now.

1 Like

It would actually endear a lot of people to those Dublin footballers if they went back and gave hurling a right go.

There was several of them who were good underage hurlers wasn’t there? Costello as well if I recall correctly.

I remember Setenta showed highlights of the Feile back in 2007 and Castleknock won it out with Ciaran Kilkenny the star of the show - would love to see him lining out for the Dublin hurlers. Not sure if that is likely at this stage.

Would never be able to get up to that pace now being out of the game for so long.

1 Like

Bugler togged out for Plunketts too and got 1-1

Costello was unreal. MOTM in the 2012 minor final

2 Likes