Colds and Flus

Was floored with it all week, only able to leave the house today. Cuntish dose.

Snort a few lines of Lemsip MAX, mate.

1 Like

Had it myself the last few days. I think i’m out the other side of it. I always get it at the changing of the seasons. Weather starts getting warmer, i’m not wearing any less clothing, but i still get it. Go figure.

Would you not have discarded the Long Johns at this stage mate? You’ll make maggots FFS…

3 Likes

Sign in @ChocolateMice

I’ve a touch of a cold

@Fitzy, picked up a bit of a head cold at the game on Saturday night. I had my top coat on, but it wasn’t enough.

Feel very groggy today.

Tats awful hon, hope u feel better soon, tinking bout u.

FFS, you’re from Monaghan and you picked up a cold at a game in Sydney and you’re complaining? It wasn’t even all that cold. You’d better be in work today son.

I’m in work alright. And i’ve a massive meeting I need to dominate this arvo (CC @ChocolateMice). Trouble is, you couple the nasal sounding of the headcold with the ignorance of a North Monaghan accent, and you’re left with a lot of bemused consultants around the table.

2 Likes

You need to let everyone know that you’re not well and what’s worse, you’re in a fucking foul humour and will not tolerate any shit today whatsoever. Snap at some junior fucker and have a go at someone more senior this morning, so that there is a sense of foreboding and fear going into the meeting this afternoon. Then start the meeting by apologising, but you’ve got a bit of a cold and really shouldn’t be here, but this is important, mkay? Then your cheerful in the face of a raging torrent of snot demeanour will lead to relief on everyone’s part and they’ll all leave the meeting thinking he wasn’t so bad after all and he’s a top, top bloke for coming in while he’s sick.

Alternatively, you could send an email to all stakeholders telling them you’re fucked and have to go home to watch GOT.

2 Likes

I can feel this brewing deep inside me.

How are you feeling now pal?

I started taking uppers from mid morning.

Did I dominate? Against all the odds, yes.

Am I starting to crash and burn? Absofuckinglutely.

2 Likes

Got a horrible dose. No doubt form one of those dirty gamblers.

Big Pharma companies made $3bn from selling flu shots this year. They had efficacy rate of around 10%.

They made another fortune selling the drugs to treat people who caught the flu after their initial jabs didn’t work.

1 Like

Cunts.

Sheep will be sheepish, nothing to see here pal.

I’m currently in the depths of what I consider to be my worst flu ever. I thought on Sunday that it was the result of serious binge drinking on Saturday. But it has given way to shakes fevers and severe tiredness along with swollen tonsils and throat. In short. I’m fucked.

Hope you feel better soon pal

Thanks. Although we’ve been told it’s your fault. Australian flu is rampaging through Ireland at the moment apparently.