Compulsive Liars are hilarious

We need to know more, starting with the lie

IT man sacked for deceit after borrowing €50,000

Gordon Deegan

August 7 2018, 12:01am, The Times

The worker did not turn up for the Workplace Relations Commission hearing after claiming unfair dismissal

The worker did not turn up for the Workplace Relations Commission hearing after claiming unfair dismissalEAMONN FARRELL/ROLLINGNEWS

An IT engineer who borrowed €50,000 from colleagues by saying he needed to pay for his father’s cancer treatment was sacked for deceiving his bosses.

The man spent almost €5,000 with a company credit card while on a business trip to the US. When the company investigated it found that he had taken significant loans from his workmates.

The man sued for unfair dismissal at the Workplace Relations Commission (WRC) but did not turn up to the hearing to advance his claim. Gerald McMahon, the adjudication officer, said that his claim had not been well founded.

The man received a loan of €3,000 in April last year from his employer on “humanitarian and exceptional” grounds, and later $20,000 (€17,300) which he claimed was needed for a hospital stay after his father’s heart bypass.

In August last year the company found that three employees had lent the man money on four occasions, totalling $23,500. On August 22 another came forward to say that they had lent him €9,000 and three days later another said he had lent the man €3,000. In total the man borrowed €49,671 from his workmates.

During the investigation the employee asked the company not to question him about his father, saying it was “personal”. “Maybe it would be better now to reach an agreement and we close things off nicely. Could we talk about that?” he said. He suggested a financial arrangement based on him being given stock options.

On August 24 the company sacked him for gross misconduct for violating expenses policy. The company said that the dismissal was warranted by the IT engineer’s “calculated deception”. It said that he owed large sums, most of which he had borrowed from his colleagues and had not repaid despite promising to in the disciplinary process.

Why would you give a work colleague a loan of €9k? Fucking dipshits.

They deserved to lose the money. Never, ever trust an IT guy.

7 Likes

this had to have taken place after or before a GAA board meeting

+1 I need to get new work colleagues

You seem to have awful drama following you around everywhere you go mate

1 Like

Just seeing this :joy:

“asked to face up to his mistruths” :clap::smile:

1 Like

the conversation will probably something like this, with the mirror

Context is everything fellas

2 Likes

Sure I remember that evening. We bate Harry black & blue for sport. But of course the humorless cunts above wouldn’t understand that.

Sure I remember it well, it was around that time that the other fool made up a disgusting lie about me, a bad time for TFK

1 Like

@mickee321 & @Julio_Geordio again looking like the prize fools, spot a post from another poster and jump in,ask questions later, but look like fucking tools later too.

Ps. It was @carryharry that posted some blatant lie about me on here. I’d a few bottles in me and pulled him up on it, I asked him on several threads to either apoigise or withdraw the lie,he duly reverted to posting up smilies on every thread where I asked him explain his actions.
It was only when Bandage asked me, following a plea from @carryharry to him via PM that I decided to let the matter rest.

1 Like

At least there’s a pair of eyes looking back at me when I look in the mirror, you monoeyed bucktoothed slaphead English cunt.

That’s fitzy you thick cunt

1 Like

Oh.
Ye gobshites are all the one to me. Same auld shit out of the most of ye.

We make the same mistake with tipp lads. But then we’re not too far off the mark as ye’re all related.

:rollseyes:

See it’s the same old cliches all the time from the same old posters that make posters like ye seem like the same old cliched posters all the time.

1 Like

Says the man using fooley 10 years after @fingal_raven first coined.