Compulsive Liars are hilarious

Then it wasn’t photoshopped

I’m calling pedantry on that post.

:slight_smile:

A lad I know at home claimed he had cancer. Turns out it was bullshit and he was copying the story of a mate of his who actually had cancer so it appeared real. It would be safe to say that the lift with this lad doesn’t go all the way to the top.

There last week he was doing a story with Eileen Magner on RTE about the Simon Community and how they have helped him with regard to a difficult family situation and his terrible battle with cancer.

A fella know used come up with stupid stuff and could easily be proved to be a lie, half the time it seemed to include some dead famous person. Like we are in the pub talking about Jimi Hendrix and he says “He’s great I saw him the O2 a few years ago”. Talking about the film Bullitt, “I met Steve McQueen in New York a few years ago.”

He booked tickets to see Louis Armstrong (around 2003, even though Louis Armstrong was dead since 1971), turned out to be Neil Armstrong being interviewed by Gay Byrne.

[QUOTE=“stones_off, post: 988455, member: 1559”]
He booked tickets to see Louis Armstrong (around 2003, even though Louis Armstrong was dead since 1971), turned out to be Neil Armstrong being interviewed by Gay Byrne.[/QUOTE]

Jaysus thats a mistake anyone could make. :smiley:

My liar came up with a new one recently. Not quite as bad as the other ones but funny all the same.

We were discussing Roy Keane’s appointment at Villa. He proceeded to tell us how he knew that weeks back but couldn’t tell anyone. He was on a stag in Cork and got chatting to an old bloke in the jacks. The two of them got on so well that the old lad offered to show him around Cork to all the good pubs (only one of which he could name). He found out after that the man was none other than Mossy Keane and of course he gave him the inside track on Roy’s plans. He swore him to secrecy of course which is why he said nothing about the Villa role earlier.

:smiley: :smiley:

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 988542, member: 24”]My liar came up with a new one recently. Not quite as bad as the other ones but funny all the same.

We were discussing Roy Keane’s appointment at Villa. He proceeded to tell us how he knew that weeks back but couldn’t tell anyone. He was on a stag in Cork and got chatting to an old bloke in the jacks. The two of them got on so well that the old lad offered to show him around Cork to all the good pubs (only one of which he could name). He found out after that the man was none other than Mossy Keane and of course he gave him the inside track on Roy’s plans. He swore him to secrecy of course which is why he said nothing about the Villa role earlier.

:smiley: :D[/QUOTE]

Could it be that this guy thinks you are harmless and is ripping the piss?

Maybe.

He would need to think that around 100 people are harmless though.

Update.

Who would be considered the best golf player in the world at the moment?

Who beat him all the time at underage level before deciding to concentrate on his accounting career?

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1008445, member: 24”]Update.

Who beat him all the time at underage level before deciding to concentrate on his accounting career?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like kev but I don’t think he is an accountant?

Who beat him all the time at underage level before deciding to concentrate on his accounting career?[/QUOTE]

I told you that in confidence you prick.

The lad who sits beside me in work apart from the accounting bit. I should get you to drop his name to your guy for you to see him squirm.

I’d say there’s more than a fair chance this never happened to the attention craving twat.

[SIZE=5]Ray D’Arcy has been left shaken after he foiled a group of car thieves in Dublin yesterday.[/SIZE]
The quick-thinking Today FM DJ told listeners this morning how he faced the thieves head-on at Moran’s Red Cow hotel in Dublin.

The father of two drove into the hotel’s car park and spotted a group of men with baseball hats acting suspiciously in the car park.

One of the men possessed a screwdriver and appeared to have broken into a car.

D’Arcy decided to confront the thieves.

"I’m a little bit shook this morning,” he told listeners.

"I had to go to Moran’s Red Cow hotel for a meeting yesterday and as I drove into the car park I noticed a blue car with a group of men in it wearing baseball hats.

"In my head I’m thinking they look a bit old, they look a bit long in the tooth to be wearing baseball hats.”

"Anyway, I drove on, parked up the car and looked over my shoulder back at the car with the lads in the baseball hats looking a bit fidgety to see what they were up to.

“One of them had climbed out of that car and was in another car and obviously searching for goodies in the car.”

The DJ debated taking the matter into his own hands – and eventually he did.

"Now I’ve to decide what I’m going to do. Do I intervene or do I let them go and do what they’re doing or what do I do? So I’m standing there looking at them and then I go: ‘Oi, is that your car?’”

“I got no response, so I said it again: ‘Oi, is that your car?’”

"And, surprise, surprise, it wasn’t their car, so the man who is in the car climbed out, covered his head so I couldn’t see his face, got back into the other car and they left at speed.

D’Arcy managed to take down the registration of the thieves’ car, and he passed the details onto the hotel.

“I got the reg and I gave it to the people at the hotel.”

Reflecting on the experience, he added: “It’s odd when you encounter that; the heart rate increases. It’s unsettling.”

‘Oi, is that your car?’

:smiley:

Yeah, I locked my keys in it and asked my buddies to help.

Paul McGinley.

His story about knocking out a dirty opponent when playing with Ballyboden.

His story about his quip to Tom Watson.

His story about the American golf fan in the elevator after he was named Ryder Cup captain.

A creepy compulsive liar.

[QUOTE=“Bartosz Bereszynskiego, post: 1021315, member: 9”]Paul McGinley.

His story about knocking out a dirty opponent when playing with Ballyboden.

His story about his quip to Tom Watson.

His story about the American golf fan in the elevator after he was name Ryder Cup captain.

A creepy compulsive liar.[/QUOTE]
How do you know those are all lies, mate?

[QUOTE=“thedancingbaby, post: 1021306, member: 48”]I’d say there’s more than a fair chance this never happened to the attention craving twat.

[SIZE=5]Ray D’Arcy has been left shaken after he foiled a group of car thieves in Dublin yesterday.[/SIZE]
The quick-thinking Today FM DJ told listeners this morning how he faced the thieves head-on at Moran’s Red Cow hotel in Dublin.

The father of two drove into the hotel’s car park and spotted a group of men with baseball hats acting suspiciously in the car park.

"I had to go to Moran’s Red Cow hotel for a meeting yesterday and as I drove into the car park I noticed a blue car with a group of men in it wearing baseball hats.

"In my head I’m thinking they look a bit old, they look a bit long in the tooth to be wearing baseball hats.”

"Anyway, I drove on, parked up the car and looked over my shoulder back at the car with the lads in the baseball hats looking a bit fidgety to see what they were up to.

“One of them had climbed out of that car and was in another car and obviously searching for goodies in the car.”

"Now I’ve to decide what I’m going to do. Do I intervene or do I let them go and do what they’re doing or what do I do? So I’m standing there looking at them and then I go: ‘Oi, is that your car?’”

"And, surprise, surprise, it wasn’t their car, so the man who is in the car climbed out, covered his head so I couldn’t see his face, got back into the other car and they left at speed.

D’Arcy managed to take down the registration of the thieves’ car, and he passed the details onto the hotel.

Reflecting on the experience, he added: “It’s odd when you encounter that; the heart rate increases. It’s unsettling.”[/QUOTE]

FOILED :rolleyes:

At best he just watched a lad rob a car and then reported it to reception.

[QUOTE=“thedancingbaby, post: 1021306, member: 48”]I’d say there’s more than a fair chance this never happened to the attention craving twat.

Reflecting on the experience, he added: “It’s odd when you encounter that; the heart rate increases. It’s unsettling.”[/QUOTE]
How many lads were wearing baseball caps? Ballpark.

He confirmed the second one was a lie in today’s Irish Independent, pal. He told that made up tale to Paul Kimmage in the lengthy feature interview in the Sindo last Sunday week but clarified the position today for whatever reason.

I’m a very astute judge of character and called him out for being a bullshitter that day on the Ryder Cup thread (McGinley could be a TFK member).

Using deduction and basic cop on and given this precedent, I’m also concluding that he didn’t actually shoulder an opponent off the pitch and knock him so far that he ended up in the car park, clattering himself into a Ford Capri and being removed unconscious.

The elevator story was clearly made up.