Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Yeah Mark Keane. Honestly, if you dont think Joyce is mobile, I cant help you. You are probably in a minority of one with that.

Plenty of fine intercounty half backs cut their teeth in the half forward line first at senior level. Pat Oā€™Connor, Declan Hannon, Peter Barry, Cillian Buckley to name a few that spring to mind in recent times.

2 Likes

In Limerick we get our half forwards from the half back line and our half backs from the half forward line.

Is the College match being streamed tonight? cc @downyourthroats

My own opinion on Ciaran Joyce would be that heā€™s similar to Paddy Cadell in Tipp, good hurler, but lacks a bit of a dash maybe. Would like to proved wrong.

Id say your bang on on that. Heā€™s obviously lacking a bit of pace but could have the brain to get away with it. Im a bit harsh on the lad but the guy is being built up to the hilt be ex-Midleton CBS types. Mark Landers has called him the ā€œnew Brian Corcoranā€ FFS! Heā€™ll get plenty of game time in the league.

Landers went to Colmans. He is no Brian Corcoran but thatā€™s a crazy comparison.

1 Like

Kyle hayes

1 Like

There are loads. Ollie Canning started off there aswell.

When you see an argument over who will take the penalties you will know rock bottom has been reached

Joyce is a good hurler and more importantly a good defender. Thatā€™s is something Cork are lacking. Himself and Mellerick will tighten up their backs a lot.

2 Likes

Cork were shocking in the first half
Major mistake from the vice captain
I legged it at half time
Unless weā€™ve a miracle between now and the summer weā€™re in deeper shot than I thought possible

Score?

1 Like

Itā€™s January.

Obviously- lacking physicality big time
Against a poor UCC team ?

Most of them are just off the plane LOL!

1 Like

Canā€™t see Cork getting out of Munster. Hope i am wrong but worst of the 5 for me.

1 Like

Itā€™s a preseason match, you canā€™t read anything into it.

2 Likes

Know but I fret for them - large crowd there and they couldnā€™t put a dent really in the college ( who werenā€™t brilliant either)
College wasted a lot of scoring chances

1 Like

Agreed- keeperā€™s distribution wasnā€™t great either
V shaky defence, in the plus side Millerick was outstanding