Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

They were going for it,the ashen look on Kingston’s face towards the end said it all

We’re a v limited side when our mobility is matched. The rub is that theres only two sides out there that can match it.

1 Like

Cork really miss Nash between the sticks.

The build up at the back is so slow and ponderous with Collins going over and back with his corner backs.

Nash would have a 90 yard razor pass in his locker that would spit a defence in two. Collins just doesnt have it.

People inside and outside Cork spent years complaining about Nash for some reason

3 Likes

His puckouts were shit towards the end I thought, especially his long ones but I’d ask who do we have in the half forward line to challenge for them anyway.

At least he used to make the odd good save compared to Collins. Collins seems to have no zip in his passes to hand either.

I really don’t see what Millerick brings to the team at midfield. He’s very pedestrian and offers nothing in possession.

He has it alright he is v accurate they just don’t seem to want to use it

The grass aint always greener.

Lads gave out about Cummins and Gleeson in Tipp too.

Nash had a presence and personality too in goal that i dont think Collins has.

I think he is being played out of position. He is a defender full stop. Has the discipline and nous to tie down a good forward.

A half back line of Mellerick, Joyce and Coleman would strengthen them up no end.

1 Like

He’s a defender.

1. Daniel O’Connell (Dromina)
  2. Tadhg O’Leary Hayes (Midleton)
  3. James O’Brien (Fermoy)
  4. Eoin Guinane (Valley Rovers)
  5. Sean Ahern (Bandon)
  6. Daniel Murnane (Carrigtwohill)
  7. Matthew Woods (Valley Rovers)
  8. Peter O’Shea (Erins Own)
  9. Ben Walsh (Killeagh)
  10. Adam O’Sullivan (Ballinhassig)
  11. Timmy Wilk (Cobh) Joint Captain
  12. Eoin O’Mahony (Newtownshandrum)
  13. Ross O’Sullivan (Na Piarsaigh) Joint Captain
  14. James Murray (Youghal)
  15. John Wigginton Barrett (St Finbarr’s)
  16. Ben Heffernan (Glen Rovers)
  17. Denis Cashman (Bride Rovers)
  18. Cian Buckley (St Finbarr’s)
  19. Pete Kelly (Ballincollig)
  20. Conor O’Leary (Fr O’Neills)
  21. Dylan Mc Carthy (Killeagh)
  22. Jayden Casey (Youghal)
  23. Sean O’Donoghue (St Catherines)
  24. Stephen Lynam (Glen Rovers)
1 Like

No. 15 sounds like he should be off on an expedition to the Antarctic with Sir Ranulph Fiennes.

12 Likes

Only two from last year, heard it is a very average group that will do well to get out of Munster.

Dave Wigginton is one of the greatest league of Ireland legends in Cork, wonder if it’s any relation, @Corksfinedtboy might know? Wiggy is dead a long time now, passed away very young.
Barrett isn’t that unusual out Togher way.

Is that the minors?

Timmy Wolf there at 11 is a flaking player

2 Likes

Grandson I believe

1 Like

Not our strongest group this year. Limerick and Tipp supposed to be very strong. Waterford have two in the full forward line that playerd last year and they’re absolutely unbelievable players.

We probably have the best minor in the country in Timmy Wilk. I think he’d be nailed on for the 20s if he could play. Ross O’Sullivan at corner forward is a brilliant player and James O’Brien at FB is also excellent. Surprised Lynam isn’t starting.

Should be a tough ask for this group to get out of Munster but hopefully they’ll be competitive.

Limerick’s Minor side this year would not be considered a particularly strong group. That doesn’t mean they won’t do well, but as groups go they would not have been flagged as a strong group in fairness.