Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Realistically, I’d probably put Downey at 6, start O’Leary at 3 (if he is fit) and put Joyce/Fitzgibbon midfield. Coleman at half-back. I’d give Twomey a start at half-forward and would have played Power more in the league. As it stands, the inside forward line is a mess, we probably have no choice but to start an out of form O’Connor.

I don’t think they’re wrong anyway. Cork have some players that clearly have some class but absolutely aren’t working in the positions they’re being played in. This is what I was saying the other week, all the same old problems in the team and management don’t appear to have done anything to try to fix them. Coleman clearly has loads to offer but also clearly doesn’t function at 6. They don’t seem to have recognised that or tried anything to address it. Move him to midfield or 11, at least try something different. Definition of madness persisting with the same thing and expecting different results.

1 Like

what is the situ with Alan Cadogan?

Cant make panel

Just wondering, was the concert date fixed before the match or vice versa?

Way out of form

Not up to it anymore unfortunately - he never had a nose for goals, which was always a huge issue.

1 Like

I am surprised to hear that. thought he would offer something still as am impact sub

what age is he?

The concert was fixed before the new split season structures were put in place. Kerry should come out and say they want to play in PUR and be done with it.

Thats fair enough then. If twas the other way round, I wouldn’t have had any sympathy. I really cant see the issue. No disrespect to Cork but football isnt in a great place there atm and Id say twould be hard enough to fill PUR not to mind getting 18k in Killarney.

1 Like

If I am not mistaken 8k attended the McGrath Cup final between Cork and Kerry in Killarney in January. 18k is not an unreasonable expectation for a championship clash? esp as match is on Sky not RTE

I’ll tell you this, Kerry aren’t coming out well out of this. Not well at all.

C’mere and tell us, who do be on the city terrace? Cork or away crowd? And how volatile would they be to a roaster in a Wexford jersey who’s never been to a Munster championship match?

Limerick.

You’ll be stabbed.

8 Likes

Regardless of how he played in the league, Cork are going backwards when they are bringing 30 year olds back into the panel who were flaky at best for the previous 10 years

:joy: Be neutral so.

Youre still not forgiven for 96. Youll have your fingers broken cc @artfoley

2 Likes

I’ll bring me Pike so :laughing:

1 Like

Bring this and watch the meltdowns

1 Like

One of the only posts here talking sense. The sign of a weak management IMO is taking off the corner forward when things go belly up. Taking off Lehane was madness, and up to now his place on the panel has been vindicated. His work rate has improved so much.

Those calling for Coleman to be dropped… I don’t know what to say. Too many reactionary idiots in Cork that know fuck all about the game. Pace at the back is a problem but let’s put Downey at full back or centre back??? Coleman clearly isn’t a 6. He would sparkle at midfield IMO. I truly, truly believe he’s HOTY material. A special talent, and our best player. But he’s being brutally exposed for his shortcomings at 6 and I’m sick of people blaming him for it.

Joyce was also brutally played out of position in the league final. Millerick is not a midfielder, and is really only there for Lynch. Once the Limerick game is over he should be moved. He should be on Kelly against Clare then. Coleman should move to midfield, Millerick to the backs and Joyce to 6 but I doubt they’ll do it.

I do believe we have the players with the talent to compete with Limerick and definitely Waterford. We are, as of yet, far behind them in terms of (to summarise) management nous and work rate, and we won’t be winning anything until that does change. What the fuck is up with allowing the opposition fb line a free puc out and then not squeezing on them at all?? How can you be so naive and effortless?

My 15 for championship, assuming management will not move Coleman from 6 is the following:
Collins
SOD DOL NOL
Tim Coleman Joyce
Millerick Fitz
O’Flynn Barrett Harnedy
Lehane Hoggy Kingston

3 Likes