Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

You’ll still be stabbed

yeah talk of dropping Coleman is ott, debate on where to play him is understandable. Moving him to 11 talk seems mad

I’d say there’s less than 5 people who post here that actually have any clue about hurling, (I don’t include myself btw😐) a few good men to listen to podcasts alright

I’d say you’re wrong. What you’re confusing this with is nobody knowing much about cark Hurling, because nobody gives a fcuk really.

2 Likes

I’m struggling to see how center-back is worse for a slow player than half-back. From my own personal experience as a slow back, half-back was much worse than center-back.

I’m pretty sure there’s only 2 Cork hurling posters on this site.

Hard to give Cork a chance but Limerick have not been going well and Peter Casey is a huge loss considering the lack of alternatives. Be interesting to see how Cork line out.

It depends what you’re asking for them to do. Most teams use their centre-back to be basically a sweeper, to protect their full-back line.

So you can’t be absolutely glacial, because you need to be able to get across to cut the ball out. Generally, you also need to be a stopper when teams do run through the middle. Obviously, having a bit of recovery pace helps here but you would hope that you are being helped by your midfield harrying & hassling so the runner isn’t at full pace when they reach you.

Arguably centre-back is better, if simply because there tends to be more bodies there. If you run at someone at wing-back, you can be very isolated.

1 Like

swag-simpsons
Conor Lehane when the real hurling starts. :point_up:t2:

4 Likes

Lads Cork are back and were only playing with Waterford in the league final. They tried to lose the semi final to KK but even playing at 50% they still got over the line by accident. Cork by between 6 to 10 pts on Sunday as Limerick will be lucky to have 15 lads ready to play on Sunday

1. Daniel O’Connell (Dromina)
  2. Tadhg O’Leary Hayes (Midleton)
  3. James O’Brien (Fermoy) (Vice Captain)
  4. Eoin Guinane (Valley Rovers)
  5. Sean Ahern (Bandon)
  6. Daniel Murnane (Carrigtwohill)
  7. Matthew Woods (Valley Rovers)
  8. Peter O’Shea (Erins Own)
  9. Ben Walsh (Killeagh)
  10. Adam O’Sullivan (Ballinhassig)
  11. Timmy Wilk (Joint Captain)
  12. Jayden Casey (Youghal)
  13. Ross O’Sullivan (Na Piarsaigh) (Joint Captain)
  14. James Murray (Youghal)
  15. Sean O’Donoghue (St Catherines)
  16. Ben Heffernan (Glen Rovers)
  17. Denis Cashman (Bride Rovers)
  18. Cian Buckley (St Finbarr’s)
  19. Oisin Fitzgerald (St Catherines)
  20. Liam Foley (Watergrasshill)
  21. Dylan Mc Carthy (Killeagh)
  22. Eoin O’Mahony (Newtownshandrum)
  23. John Wigginton Barrett (St Finbarr’s)
  24. Stephen Lynam (Glen Rovers)

Extra Panel Members;

Barry Walsh (Killeagh), Cathal Hallahan (Douglas), Cillian Barry (Carrigtwohill), Colm Leahy (Killeagh), Conor O’Leary (Fr O’Neills), Darragh Browne (Blackrock), Ethan Buckley (Milford), Fionnan Conlon Barry (Douglas), Michael O’Driscoll (Watergrasshill), Pete Kelly (Ballincollig), Shane Murnane (St Colums), Ted O’Callaghan (Kinsale)

** Currently unavailable due to injury.

Have they given up hurling in Cork City altogether?

About one quarter of the panel is Cork City

1 of the first 15

Plenty from the city in the AI winning U-17 and U-20 teams last year.

Regardless it is supposed to a very weak group.

A young lad I used to teach and get on very well with is on the Limerick team tomorrow night, I m considering travelling down but feel that I’ll almost certainly end up supporting Limerick because of the personal connection,

Is that the young fella you’re using as an avatar?

1 Like

:laughing: Ah stop ffs

I presume it’s the former St. Patricks man? If so, a fine hurler

Thinly veiled I’ll see which way the wind is blowing and then decide.

1 Like

Withering the ear off any poor cunt in his vicinity about how he taught one of those young men his abc’s…