Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Great win in fairness. A lot of pessimism in Cork about this team’s chances but they really have some cracking players.

Ross O’Sullivan was outstanding in the full forward line, what a danger man he is. Adam O’Sullivan and James Murray are cracking forwards as well. The backs were well on top too apart from two soft goals.

Cork’s stickwork was much improved on the last day. Their use of the ball coming out of defence was impressive.

Limerick really were septic though so there will be much bigger asks going forward. Really positive night.

1 Like

Where can I watch the match back lads.

Munster GAA were streaming it. I’d say go on to that and the stream should be there. A company called sportstream were doing it.

1 Like

Yeah watched a bit of the first half there.

Are any of these Munster Minor/Under 20 games being shown by Bang? @Copper_pipe

Hope he’s ok, seems a decent sort, in a tough spot.

2 Likes

Is it because of the match messing or is it a personal thing?

Illness meant Cork manager Keith Ricken was absent from the sideline for his team’s first win of the Allianz League.

“Keith has an illness and has been out for a few days. We wish him a speedy recovery and hopefully he’ll be back on the sideline for next weekend’s crucial test in Tullamore,” said Cork county board vice-chairman Pat Horgan who spoke to the media after the Down win.

Watched both games. Hard to read anything from the Minor game as Limerick were awful. The full-forward from Youghal looked very classy, Murnane and the full-back were also very solid. For the U-20s, thought they were decent enough, would only say Cunningham and McSweeney were poor from the starters, Cahalane wasn’t great but was fouled for a couple of frees and should have had 1-1. Not convinced by the two corner-backs but thought Lyons was excellent for a lad out of Minor. Twomey and O’Sullivan got us over the line but Keating was MOTM, won a huge amount of loose ball.

And there you have it…

If you actually watched the game, he won a lot of dirty ground ball. Keating is a hardy boy.

Vincie Murrays young lad.

1 Like

Contested ball, loose ball - he just won a huge amount of possession.

Sounds like the Coleman experiment is coming to an end. Other rumour is Jack O’Connor is starting.

I’ve heard of a surprise inclusion. Jack O’Connor starting is a strange one IMO, he’s been really poor during the league.

Cork will bate the bollix off Limerick. I’m a Limerick man but I have to admit it. And the lads from limerick will be ating soup

What did you hear. Saw JOC and Roche mentioned on PROC, the latter makes a lot less sense than the former imo. Maybe Keane or Cahalane starting and Joyce at 6?

What is the beef between Landers and O’Grady? Did O’Grady drop Landers for a finish?

Landers suffered a bit with injury at the end of his career but yes, it would have been under O’Grady that he was cut adrift