Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Why are Cork too cowardly to name their team?

Has the Davy influence spilled over from the camogie set up?

He was done as an I/C hurler at that stage in fairness. Wasn’t there a comment made to Landers in 2002 by a selector which one one of the main reasons for their strike/action against the board.

Can’t remember the selector, think it could have been John Meyler who made the comment like “enjoy training tonight, it will be the last time you get to play in PUC”

2 Likes

That was Meyler alright.

1 Like

Could be several cases of Covid apparently.

As a captain, was Landers the worst player ever to lift Liam McCarthy (excluding subs who were named captains)?

1 Like

He would be in the conversation

1 Like

Ya fierce bout of illness in the camp. Sweating on antigen tests. May not be able to field. They are looking at options to refix

Landers had a couple of excellent years as an intercounty hurler. Once injuries happened, he was finished.

Had a quick look at the Rebel Og groups and christ almighty Blackrock have gone to shite underage. Na Piarsaigh aren’t far behind.

Cork have a clean bill of health.

Youd wonder about the Glen too with Horgan only having a year or two left. Barrs look promising but have a lot of dual players. Dont know how Blackrock are struggling with numbers they have. Bishopstown are a mess too.

B’Town are gone in terms of hurling. Glen and Barrs seem to be doing fine through the ranks tbf. Douglas are the only city side playing at the top level at all ages in hurling.

Douglas been a dual club doesnt help either. Should be contenders.

They have ye nervous

NAP blackguarded a few good men there a couple of years back. They’ll get no luck for it.

I don’t really see the point of it either, but I doubt there is any strategy behind it. Latest rumour is that Conor Cahalane starts.

What’s this about.

Yes, I’ve heard that story a few times alright, it was well known once upon a time.
Landers did a fine job quite often for Cork, not a great deal of style but he was a solid player. By the time O’Grady came in he was past his best really, had a lot of injuries.

Whats the story lads? Im hearing rumours of covid

COVID? Nah it’ll never come to anything