Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

He loses far too many 50/50 balls on the ground to smaller men due to trying to play the ball or trying to be cute rather than physically delivering a hit or using his size. I have seen nothing from him to say he is a lad you can rely on consistently.

2 Likes

Downey is very flat footed but heā€™s solid enough at wing back, I think. But TOM & Joyce are arguably just better players?

1 Like

Bennett beat Joyce in the air a few times in the league final so could see Limerick really targeting him on puck outs

TOM is not a defender, he is a liability back there imho.

3 Likes

Well I wouldnā€™t disagree completely, but he does offer an attacking outlet. Again, you can probably carry one if you have workhorses in midfield.

1 Like

Hegarty for company?

Byrnes striking off his good side is elite in fairness but he is quite like him.

1 Like

Great to see the old reliables like Hoggy, Harnedy and Lehane getting the nod.

Downey is in hard luck but Joyce was always going to be starting somewhere from 5-9. Itā€™s funny how theyā€™ve come back to NOL after trying to phase him out all the league. Itā€™s pretty much the same set up as we had against them in the league. I donā€™t think weā€™ll be as far off them as some think but probably not quite good enough to win.

1 Like

Downey is a work in progress. Byrnes took time to become the player he is today.

The only way Rob Downey is similar is when he wears Diarmaid Byrnes pajamas

1 Like

The only similarity is their height, Byrnes is light years ahead of that donkey in hurling ability.

3 Likes

Byrnes has been pretty consistent ever since he came on the scene in my opinion. The only thing heā€™s changed is heā€™s more of a team player and weā€™ve managed to get him to stop langering the ball wide all the time.

4 Likes

Thats two things

3 Likes

Will Smith Punch GIF by Xavier Degraux
Keep that triple All Ireland winners name out yo f**kā€™n mouth when talkā€™n bout donkeys like Downey

3 Likes

Downey doesnā€™t lack aggression, but yes he is very slow.

As for the team, pretty unsurprising stuff. Oā€™Leary doesnā€™t deserve to start but then again neither do about 5-6 other players.

Expect Limerick to win by 5 points.

1 Like

Cahalane in, Harnedy out.

It was never even a contest and it wonā€™t be for a while yet I would think.

Dungeon this thread

2 Likes

Shur ye still have the football