Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

At a guess I would say early 40s

1 Like

Sarah O’Donovan

It’s as simple as that really, no more about it

I found it on youtube. A superb 45 seconds or so of analysis from 10:30 onwards

Just stop Limerick scoring so much. Simples.

Considering the Limerick backs scored ten points themselves last Sunday, 15 players in your own half mightnt work either

I think her point is well intentioned but not well articulated that whenever Cork win a championship match they score 30 odd scores and they can win a shoot out but that even in those games they concede a massive score and they are happy playing a team who’ll play a shoot out style game but once they come up against a team who shuts them down they don’t have a defence that can shut down the other team

2 Likes

Kevin Keegan’s Newcastle

1 Like

KK

What are the half backs gonna do with it with their forwards hiding? In Corks case you nearly have to work from the top back.

Without looking I would say close to 70% of the teams who won championship matches last year hit 30 points or more in the process of doing so. It isn’t a big score any more. You could count on one hand the amount of championship matches where the losing team didn’t break 20 points.

I don’t see how you could maintain that putting up big scores expends more energy that the amount of workrate and effort without the ball that would be needed to hold a team to 12 scores in championship hurling.

4 Likes

It’s not 25 years ago🤦‍♂️

That is a fairly solid plan in fairness. If you score 2 19 and they only score 2 10 you won’t lose many games

7 Likes

I think it could be the next big thing tbh

1 Like

Does that mean if Cork score 2-19 , the opposition are not allowed score any more than 2-10 ?

Yep. Foolproof

1 Like

Maybe Cork should adopt a ground hurling strategy. No rising the sliotar, no solo runs or no striking the sliotar out of hand. After all it worked for Christy Ring and Cork did win the majority of their All Irelands when ground hurling & cap wearing was in vogue.

4 Likes

John Fenton shtyle. Few Limerick aul fellas bound to have nightmares over that still.

1 Like

What about picking up a few morbidly obese fellas like the rock? A team of huge asses are hard bate

1 Like

That is a fairly solid plan in fairness. If you score 2 19 and they only score 2 10 you won’t lose many games
[/quote]

Trial run went well tonight