Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

He badly damaged his hand (not hurling) around the time also I believe

Had no feeling in his catching hand I believe.

1 Like

He did but that was late 2015 and he recovered and played a couple more years after that.

I dont think hurling was ever a long term thing for him.

1 Like

I see O’Regan is flying with Sars. Thought he’d struggle to get a game.

I was told he suffered a very severe concussion playing football and that kept him out for a long while.
Then when he came back playing hurling for Waterford he got a few more bangs and knocks. That caused him to take stock of things and he realised that if he got another concussion like the previous one he’d be putting at risk his long term prospects of being a doctor. So he called it quits.

1 Like

Did he go to the US or is he back local?

I don’t know.
He did a couple of summers out in San Francisco afaik.

Ok, I could be wrong, but I thought he continued his medical studies in America.

Yeah he may well have done. I don’t know tbh. He was a fine player. Would love him in this team.

No no, it was all Derek McGrath’s fault, according to @Fagan_ODowd.

And lads on here having a go at women rugby players playing in World Cups a year after they take it up.

1 Like

Or women playing WAFL after stepping foot in Australia for the first time two weeks earlier

1 Like

Deck chairs and titanic comes to mind

Cork’s manhood has been questioned, there will surely be some bit of a performance. Will any of the big calls be made? Coleman arguably being the biggest… Fitzgibbon shouldn’t be in the 26, let alone starting.

1 Like

Downey :joy:

Surely Luke Meade has to be considered. One of the more self less hurlers Cork have in terms of workrate and covering

That was a woeful under 20 game last night. Football is becoming a hard watch.

(U20H v Tipperary): B Saunderson (Midleton); E Downey (Glen Rovers), D O’Leary (Watergrasshill), C Smyth (Midleton); B O’Connor (St Finbarr’s), E Twomey (St Finbarr’s), L Horgan (Glen Rovers); B O’Sullivan (Kanturk), C McCarthy (Sarsfields); B Keating (Ballincollig), S Walsh (Carrigtwohill), B Cunningham (St Finbarr’s); C Walsh (Kanturk), D Hogan (Sarsfields), J Cahalane (St Finbarr’s).

Subs: C Wilson (Newcestown), D O’Sullivan (Ballinhassig), C Geary (Youghal), E Cullinane (Ballinhassig), D Flynn (Ballygiblin), D Healy (Lisgoold), M Howell (Douglas), D McSweeney (Blarney), E O’Leary (Glen Rovers).

Additional panel members: P O’Sullivan (Fr O’Neills), P Cummins (St Colman’s), S Daly (Randal Óg), J Dwyer (Ballincollig), L Elliott (Sarsfields), C Grainger (Ballinhassig), J Leahy (Dungourney), K Lyons (Ballygarvan), D Cremin (Midleton), W Buckley (St Finbarr’s), T O’Connell (Ballincollig), M Mullins (Whitechurch), E Kirby (Blarney), C Tobin (Bride Rovers).

Presume Daire O’Leary will almost certainly start against Clare.