Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Edited

I tried but canā€™t. Ah well.

Any chances of there being more than one (Downey at full-back) change the next day? Can see that only with Cahalane/Oā€™Leary out.

Only other change might be Horgan out and Connolly in considering the formerā€™s wife had a baby recently.

Canā€™t see them starting anyone else on the bench besides maybe Cahalane.

Connolly caused Limerick a few problems in his limited time, not that it mattered, he annoyed them anyway.
But Iā€™d be shocked if Horgan was benched for a game of this importance

There is zero chance of Hoggy not playing.

1 Like

Is Kingston big enough to drop Fitzgibbon?

1 Like

Thereā€™s a scoring record to be got.

He needs to.

Surely thereā€™ll be a couple of changes, even if they are purely cosmetic.

Downey, Meade, Harnedy, Connolly/Oā€™Connorā€¦ surely a few of them will come in.

Downey at full back is hardly the answer?

First name on the team sheet, ā€œFitzyā€ is.

I canā€™t see any of these changes being sufficient to fix issues for Cork. These were all glaring after the final last year and more so again after the league final, Kingston refused to change then, making the changes now is an admission heā€™s gotten it completely wrong and will smack of panic.

1 Like

Iā€™d play Downey fullforward before Iā€™d play him fullback.

2 Likes

Cahalane and Oā€™Leary likely out, he is the third choice full-back.

There in lies the difference. Gillane got dropped for the Munster final last year. All be it for different reasons. Point being that Kiely still had the balls to make the call. Cork management donā€™t

2 Likes

I agree

3 Likes

What makes it worse is I suspect
if Horgan was dropped , there would be a huge outcry from the Cork public almost on the verge of getting a petition signed to get him picked

Itā€™s easy have the balls to drop a player when thereā€™s as good around him and to step in, same years ago with KK under Cody, Cork donā€™t have the squad Limerick have or KK had

I accept that point. But in real terms, heā€™s only there for the frees now. Thereā€™s surely another free taker on that squad. Other point being that if you persist with him, youre denying another player a chance. In fairness to Bonner in Tipp heā€™s grasped the nettle. Ok Tipp will do fuck all this year but they will take the pain. The honest truth of the matter is that the Munster championship wins for Cork in 17 and 18 camouflaged a lot and they are paying the price now

Well Mul came in for Gillane, and wasnā€™t overly impressive. Now, I have a lot of sympathy for him on the day because we were horrific across the board but he had been struggling for fitness up to that and was hooked before half-time.

But Gillane still needed to be dropped, because he had been woeful the first day. And the kick up the hole drove him on to some serious performance from then on. Kiely did the same with him in the league against Wexford this year and he was class the next day.

I didnā€™t think Horgan was good at all the last day. Maybe heā€™ll be better on Sunday (think heā€™s done pretty well against Clare in recent times). But would Connolly, Oā€™Connor, Cadogan have been any worse the last day? If you had a fella who was guaranteed to work his socks off, continuously make the runs in the corner and hassle defenders when they had the ball, youā€™d pick them every day of the week. I donā€™t know if Cork have such a player though.