Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

There was an awful lot of positives to yesterdays game, first half shooting was inexplicable.
If it wasn’t knock out hurling they’d be able to take a lot from it, but such is life. They wouldn’t have gotten over Limerick in any case

:rofl:
We are shit, this is our level, own it.

You didn’t see any positives in yesterday’s performance?

Basement level hurling in fairness.

2 Likes

Very hard to say if there were any positives as I suspect Galway are shite and will get well beaten against Limerick.

1 Like

What positives were there really? It’s hard to talk about individual performances considering how inconsistent we are.

Hoggie dropped yesterday and no major outcry.

Today the supporters are probably praying he goes one more year.

It’s a funny old game.

Well obviously not getting to play Limerick is a huge positive!

3 Likes

I suppose the big question is, were Cork better this year than last. No would seem the obvious answer since ye made the final last year (although the draw was kind to them).
Hard to take positives if the team is going backwards.

They should keep Kingston another two years

1 Like

Mellerick played well when he came on. I thought ye started to get on top in midfield in the second half. Really difficult to tell on the TV, and I would absolutely love to have been there, but it looked like Johnny Coen steadied the ship a bit

1 Like

I suspect you are correct.

Cork arent far off clicking, id be fearful of them if kingston is kept on. We saw glimpse of it in the league. Strong attack but poor fb line

It was a game which Cork left behind them, the two goals for Galway were really soft, you can take the missed frees and you are looking at ten points straight away. Cork have the personnel to win an All Ireland but a couple of hard calls need to be made. A gibbon like O’Sullivan needs to see the road first of all. Fitzgibbon does not have the minerals to drag a team through consistently, a complete fucking show pony. Damien Cahalane played okay in the match but again not good enough, he was fist pumping with a minute to go and his team three points down rather than getting to the ball and getting it up the park, it was the strangest reaction I have seen in a game. Cork need a manager and a structure, the players are there.

1 Like

If Kingston is kept on ah come off it. Lovely man but time to go. Problem for Cork is that the stooges whispering in his ear will probably take over from him now which will only set them back further. Pat Ryan needs to get the gig and have full control. Unfortunately Cork GAA is so poisonous to the core there’s a better chance of Meyler coming back.

1 Like

Looks to me that Cork have decided that the only wsy they want to play hurling is using the style that won it for them in 04 and 05. They’ve never really moved away from it. If they decide to stick to that style, it wont matter a fuck who comes in.

4 Likes

That Cork team deffo have one in them. Joyce will be a colossus. Millerick needs to start in the fb line. Hoggie will stay on as an impact sub for another couple of years. They’ll need to find a couple of pieces alright - probably need one in every line. But the next manager can come in and start afresh, blood a rake of players in year 1. The talent is all over Cork what they really need is an outside man to act as a circuit breaker. They’ll be a dominant force in no time.

Would this Beastings lad that Buff raves about be the man to take Cork to the next level?

They just need a spark. They’ll take over Hurling in no time.

Talent is there. Connolly needs to be given the frees next year and properly build the attack around him. He’s been living off scraps all year. The Cork club championship is soft compared to other counties but he has been making mince meat of lads for a few years. Tim O Mahony belongs at midfield or half forward. He simply cannot shoot to be a full forward.

As you said they need a player or two to come in each line but the talent is most certainly there. They were given no game time in the league and look at the state of the season that was put down. Those teams that won the u20 two years running were fantastic teams who played harder than their senior peers. Forget showing the panel videos of Limerick and Clare, throw on their 20s finals and see the work rate and relentless hunger for the ball they had. Those teams got it, yet the senior team still cannot. Is it little wonder Ciaran Joyce was Cork’s most consistent and often best player all year? He was the driving force of those teams too and he was still due to be underage this year as well just like O Neill for Limerick. As far as I know he just turned 20. He’ll be there for 10 years or so but what use is it having a talent like that if there is a shitshow around him.

As @iron_mike said Cork are playing a version of a style nearly 20 years old and if it continues, lads like Joyce and Connolly will forget the proper hurling they learned underage from guys likes Pat Ryan.

2 Likes

It seems a more mental block with cork and actually winning big games. I thought kk last year was a turning point. Its gas how some of the players are world beaters in games tehy should win then go missing when it matters. You could blame management for picking them