Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Does Connolly take frees for Blackrock?

He does and he’s very accurate. Year they won the county he was 18 or so and was popping over high pressure frees like tap overs. He’s very calm and confident, wouldn’t rattle him to miss a few like Lehane. It is funny, missed frees cost them the match yesterday when even with Hoggie on the bench they have the most free takers of any team. Fitzgibbon takes frees as does O Flynn and obviously Kingston who was put on them far too late in the first half.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again… Donal Óg Cusack and Donal O’Grady have a hell of a lot to answer for. They are the 2 people most responsible for this malaise in Cork Hurling.

Donal Óg Cusack’s influence on the softening of the game via his media profile…you could see it in The Rock and Kingston on the line all year, screaming at the referees for frees any time there was contact. Donal Óg prior to the Limerick game saying that he hoped Cork stuck to the way they played and didn’t indulge in trying to stand up to Limerick physically, referencing the league game. The Dow laughed at him. This all trickles down… you saw it on the pitch yesterday, Harnedy capsized with a super shoulder and the first reaction from his team mates was to whinge and scream at the ref for a free instead of being available for the pass. A disease.

When that utter utter cunt of a man, Donal O’Grady was an analyst on TV in recent years he never shut up about the tackle and the spare arm and pointing out why any long ball delivered inside that wasn’t won clean would have been far better off if it was worked short (this leads to backwards and sideways shite)…a complete fraud that fella. Won his 2 All Irelands off the back of a style of hurling pioneered by Newtownshandrum. He should thank the O’Connors publicly and disappear from Cork Hurling like a good man.

22 Likes

That’s an outstanding rant, I found myself nodding along in agreement as I was reading it.

3 Likes

I just feel so sorry for @gilgamboa @backinatracksuit and @Turenne it makes me sad to see Cork reduced to this

Superb.

Point of order though, O’Grady only won one All-Ireland with them.

3 Likes

Nail on the head.

I was laughing my hole off at Harnedy and the other Cork players screeching for a free in.

That was the winning of the game for me.

I don’t think cork do as things stand. Limerick would have eaten them alive yesterday. Limerick won’t be dropping off anytime soon.

I don’t even think Cork are even capable of pulling a dirty stroke these days. The closest they come to dirty is diving looking for a free

Some scutter there in fairness.

7 Likes

Until Galway batter them in two weeks time

1 Like

If cork get the next appointment right they’re primed to take over.

1 Like

And they will, but we are talking about cark here.

How are Cork close? They are embarrassing, that tippy tappy shit of the noughties ruined them for a few generations, the Limerick Subs would have beat them by 25 points yesterday

Which part do you disagree with? I’m open to having my mind changed so away you go

Donal o Grady has a lot to answer for alright as the second last manager to lead cork to an all Ireland title. It’s all his fault.

Bang on. He has destroyed Cork Hurling. How many squads has he had a role with over the years too? He was in with last year’s team too wasn’t he?

What has Donal og cusack got to do with this current cork set up or structures? I remember him having a meltdown over the pairc and saying how bad the underage structures were in cork and that seems to have changed now as they’ve produced a few good underage teams.

1 Like

Ye reeled one in but it’s the wrong fish
Throw it back :joy:

3 Likes

There’s an sickness at the heart of cork GAA