Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

It’s the slavery to that style since then that he so profusely and loudly acclaims is the way to play the game that is the problem.

They’d certainly have been better off if he disappeared gracefully into the background and away from influence over Cork Hurling teams

What would you class a 4 in a row?

Majestic.

The ultimate achievement.

1 Like

When you look back at the 2004 Munster Final for the 89th time you’d see that the running game employed by Cork at that time bears little relation to what Cork are at these days. In fact, most teams have used that template and copied from it in some way, shape or form.

The current Cork side have just taken it to the extreme

1 Like

A case of it’s our game and we do it better?

Yes mate, Limerick do do it better and more skillfully, but there is an element of the short passing game there in the way Limerick work the ball out from the back

That’s very true. Limericks style now and Clare in 2013 was more a continuation or a more developed version of corks style o Grady brought in to win the all Ireland.

Cork at the moment are like a bunch of junior soccer players trying to play one touch football like peps Barcelona side. Grand in theory but it just doesn’t work.

They look to be a very poorly coached team. I don’t see how you can single o Grady and Cusack out to blame for it.

Have a look at the “Cork Hurlers” thread.

The drugs comment. Not very nice.

Its been taken down but you get the gist of it from the first few lines in other lads replies.
Some rant. I’d imagine hed fit in well here

6 Likes

Excellent news. Progress was made this year in fairness.

3 Likes

It was hardly linear progress.

1 Like

Mad move by cork. Have they somebody in mind for 2024 they can’t get next year ?

You have to trust the process.

2 Likes

How did you discern a process?

I’m not even surprised to be honest.

The “player group” have spoken, mate.

The Rock will surely get an increased coaching role.

2 Likes