Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Up the rebels

keeping Kingston on such a bad call for Cork?

getting rid of him is only a good call if you have a better candidate available. Is there a better candidate available in Cork?

Cork hurling problems look deeper to me than Kieran Kingston

Landers said on Dalos pod earlier in the week they will give it to Pat Mul after this additional year with Kingston, they feel Mul needs more exposure to a senior setup before heā€™s ready. He said it like it was the most logical thing in the World.

Keep a coach who is clearly not good enough in place, to train in a coach, who you feel isnā€™t good enough yet, but will be in a year for some reason.

Cork are making no progress whatsoever and heā€™s had loads of chances. Iā€™m actually baffled by the decision. Long may he reign as far as Iā€™m concerned, Cork will do nothing with him

This might be the issue right here, too much pride

ā€œWeā€™re Corkā€ has been officially replaced by ā€œshur tis only Corkā€
Bar Kilkenny win the All Ireland ext year, the best weā€™ll get is "come back to us when ye have 30:

1 Like

Am I correct in saying Offaly are the only team to have ever won an all Ireland with an outside manager?

Ben Oā€™Connor seems the obvious choice really from the outside, but I know fuck all about him

No

They are persisting with a style of play that doesnā€™t work and the intention is to bring through a member of the current management to the top job. Bringing someone else who would be happy to make significant changes might not be the worst thing

Go on

Oh shit youā€™re right. I was thinking of 81 but that was Offaly as well. My bad. Although arguably Kinnerk did win it with Clare in 13

Very strange he left Midleton straight away after winning a county title.

Pat Ryan is meant to be excellent but ala Kieth Cribbin his health may be a problem.

Yes, Pat Ryan.

Lolz :rofl:

Cork probably do have deeper problems than Kingston, who seems like a nice man. But at the same time, you talk to some Cork people and they think they have a very talented group of players available (potentially in a similar position to Limerick after we had won U-21 AIs in 2015 & 2017) with some decent players in the mid-20s bracket.

Cork donā€™t look like All Ireland contenders at the moment.

Is there a better candidate? Iā€™m not sure what Kingstonā€™s pedigree was prior to him taking over, I think he was a selector under JBM, was he involved with UCC aswell?

But Pat Ryan has underage All-Irelands. Ben Oā€™Connor seems to be a highly-rated coach. I donā€™t know if they are definitely better but they are certainly talked about in good terms. They could also go outside if they really wantedā€¦

I doubt the county board wants to use the money to go outside.

Ah thatā€™s really disappointing. The ā€œplayersā€ want him. Fuck sake.

2 Likes

Hopefully KK does the right thing and declines it. He gave it a good go and it wasnā€™t enough. Heā€™s involved on and off for 10 years. Time for a change

If he declines it, Mulcahy gets it - hard to say that is much better.

Going nowhere if thatā€™s the attitude.

1 Like