Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Players are comfortable, not a good sign.

2 Likes

Kingston does not coach?

I would guess the players feel a responsibility to him for their collective failure against Galway.

You can prepare a team really well as a management team but you can’t perform for them.
Everything went wrong against Galway.

They beat a Waterford team who had downed tools and a less than stellar Tipp team. More if the same is what the county board are saying? He’ll fall on his sword surely.

1 Like

Massive criticism of Corks running style. And the two candidates mentioned here Mulcahy and BOC both from Newtown :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with a running game, Limerick play a running game, whats wrong is the way they play it and the people they pick to do it

I don’t even think some lads here even watched the last few matches, Cork completely reined in the short game since the Clare match, currently they’re as direct as anybody.

I just hope Kingston used them to the best of their abilities because next year was predicted to be a turning point for Cork

1 Like

There was fellas writing essays here the other day giving out about how Newtown had ruined Cork hurling

2 Likes

Kingston will do the extra year as a hand over to the Rock. We are Cork will win again. Ot has to. Never failed before

As I clearly said, the players probably feel like they left him down and want another go at it.

The Limericks are absolutely obsessed with Cork Hurling

3 Likes

We just want them to be able to give us a game at some stage instead of downing tools everytime

They love a tale of woe and sadness. Seeing as the sun is shining in their lives, they now need to look elsewhere for it. They’ve always felt an admiration and devotion to their Cork neighbours. I wouldn’t ever expect such introspection and affection for Tipp, they fucking loathe you lot.

KK goes again, fail better next year. As someone looking in I can’t understand how he’s been kept on.

Kingston not going to take it.

There would have been no four in a row for Kilkenny if setanta stayed around.

1 Like

I think they were well over the hill by 2008-2010 though. A fair chunk of them had won an All-Ireland as chaps in 1999. Couple of rough years thereafter before Donal O’ Grady arrived at the start of 2003. Don’t forget they also took down a 3 in a row chasing Kilkenny in the 2004 final and regularly had that vintage Waterford teams number. They declined quite quickly after 2006 alright but even that 2008 semi-final was outstanding stuff for the first half hour or so before Eoin Larkin scored the goal.

Joe Deane, The O’ Connor twins, Sean Og, Ronan Curran, John Gardiner, Brian Corcoran, Tom Kenny, Niall McCarthy, Timmy Mc, The Rock, Donal Óg. Coming from Wexford I really feared that team as a young lad.

5 Likes

Came back and won 2 in a row after losing their potentially generational forward talent. Speaks volumes about that team.

2 Likes

Saw an intake of new Munster academy players in the Limerick Leader there and the lad getting all the scores for PBC wasn’t in it, has Ben O’Connor his leaving done? Could be the game changer for Cork.

Only going into 6th year next year

2 Likes