Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Wasn’t he in goal for Imokilly County winning side few years back too

1 Like

Might have alright.

Dalton has looked ok in his appearances for the senior team but you wouldn’t see any more than impact sub role for him
He certainly has cult hero potential

Shane Walsh was talking about Deccie Dalton with bated breath in his acceptance speech after Tullaroan beat them in the intermediate final a couple of years back. Dalton was very good in that 2017 U21 campaign. Like a throwback forward.

It got fairly Poisonous for the finish for tj with Limerick and he’s not somebody I ever came across and barely remember him playing him full forward for the seniors but he comes across as a fierce sound fella. You’d regret being so critical.

That podcast is a grand listen. Brian hogan seems fairly sound and much more personable than you’d expect.

1 Like

Brian Hogan is still the weakest on it, doesn’t give anything anyway compared to the others.

In fairness I’m not overly sure landers knows much. Daly basically said Lohan tells him to fuck off once the season starts.

At least Daly will you tell what he knows and a few bits about Clare cup games. Hogie knows well how things are going but says nothing.

A pity it went so pear shaped for TJ after the team played some absolutely cracking stuff in 2014. I don’t think I’ve heard anyone say anything negative about him and he had an incredible career as player.

1 Like

The TJ team had the backs cut off them for a finish if I recall right?

1 Like

I like Brian Hogan. I think Ken Hogan is the weakest by a mile.

3 Likes

I don’t really recall that but they were going backwards and a rate of knots in 2015 and 2016. It was similar to ten years previous where the team showed in 2007 (and in 2013 and 2014) that they were not far away at all, and then proceeded to implode completely in the following years.

1 Like

Tom Ryan thrown into that pod or John Mullane would make it a great pod. Maybe Cyril could have another run out next season…

1 Like

Not really, there was just an even bigger sense of despair that after the glimmer of hope in 13 and 14 we were as far away as we ever were by the end of 16, little did we know what was coming. Darkest hour and all that.

There was a fairly deranged chap who’s name I can’t remember who used to refer to TJ as the politically motivated understudy or something similar who used to go out of his way to slate him and drag up heaps of inconsequential stuff about him.

The knives were out for TJ on here long before Limerick were eliminated from the 2016 championship

1 Like

Wasnt there a big falling out in Garryspillane after their county final victory?

Over the team photo?

I step out and I step in again saga? Don’t open up that one again!! I seem to recall it being analysed more than the Kennedy assassination video on the late great AFR site😀

He is young enough to get another crack at it but Kiely could do a Cody stint if he wants to.

I could see Kinnerk in professional soccer or rugby very easily when this Limerick group ends its cycle, it’ll be a while yet, they’re a great age

I think people were annoyed alright that we’d Dowling, Hannon, Downes, Seanie Tobin, Mulcahy - quality forwards on paper with a bit of everything and we weren’t seeing the score on the board by the end of TJ’s term

It’d be cool to see TJ back in some role, he was a super player and seems to really care