Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

If Downes ever put it together and stays right, he could get another run with Limerick

31 this year, Iā€™d say his time has come and gone tbh especially with the likes of CON, Adam, Aido, POD, SOB, Riordan, Lynch on the rise.

2 Likes

Youā€™re probably right but what an athlete, I remember his last game against TIpp and he didnā€™t look right, touch all over the place and you could sense it was a big one for him.

Iā€™d say they always keep an eye out for him, was so exciting as a young player.

Did Donal og really start referring to the Hurley as a sword on the Sunday game last week :sweat_smile:

Yeah, i like TJ on the pod but surely that was an over reaction over a team photo? Seemed mad at the time.

I see they actually film this podcast of dalys as well. It came up on YouTube there. Your man landers with a refill pad of notes :sweat_smile:

The plate of biscuits was empty as soon as the filming began then as well.

Link to the podcast on youtube?

PROC lads are saying Sherlock, Condon and Brendan Coleman are the selectors for Ryan.

They also have some bizarre hard-on for Dalton - he isnā€™t an inter-county standard outfielder hurler at all imo, particularly now that we have Connolly at 14. Iā€™d love to see him get a go in goals however.

@Locke Has the chipper situation in Castlemartyr/East Cork gotten any better or will my wife have to send me up to the city for some decent chips?

Thereā€™s a new fish and chips shop there beside the Centra and the other chipper thatā€™s always been there. I live in Leafy Douglas now so Iā€™m blessed with my pick of top quality chippers.

1 Like

Mark landers was saying in 1991 he flew back from Chicago for an under 21 game and they were beaten 3-25 to 5 points :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Killeagh flew him back? Fair play

1 Like

Midleton unable to field a team in football championship. :rofl:

Seems decent value?

how did such a hurling club produce such a stylish footballer as Colm Oā€™Neill? was CON good at hurling?

Before my time but wiki says he won a number of club hurling championships with Midleton.

He was a daycent hurler, would have been on the fringes of the Cork panel, played a few challenge matches etc,
Iā€™ve often said how I went to loads of Cork training sessions back then, mostly to rob sliothars and footballs, got friendly with lots of players, Colm Oā€™Neill was the soundest of them all.

He wasnā€™t a hard player at all besides that episode with Mick Lyons, he could take it but was more of a stylist, he owns a drink now in the states called ā€˜Hard Chawā€™

1 Like

Midleton are less than 2 weeks away to Douglas game. Football would not be entering their thoughts.

Denis Mulcahy and Kevin Hennessy weā€™re fine footballers and won a couple of county medals with the great Imokilly team of the 80s

This will be common practise soon. Club players being asked choose between a summer holiday or play club games.

Who could have predicted playing the main bulk of club championship in July /august was a bad idea.