Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

No one in east cork care about football, bar maybe aghada. My own club play junior B but senior hurling.

2 Likes

One of the lads in work says that, hes east cork also not sure the club but they are small. They only playnfootball just to field a team but hope to be knocked out early to concentrate on hurling. They dont even train for football

1 Like

Very common.

1 Like

Im sure you find it across the country and its the opposite in certsin clubs

1 Like

Nobody plays a championship match hoping to lose

Some clubs in Laois hang onto a lower level junior team for 3 reasons only.

To keep the Club name (Borris in Ossory, Errill, Kilcotton, etc)
All Ireland Football Tickets
Convention votes

The game itself is a joke, and if they get on a run grand, but for the most part, they’re happy to be bet.

1 Like

All serious top grade clubs will be aware of championship dates earlier in the year and would have advised players about taking holidays earlier in the year in May/June.

4 Likes

Dont waste your time, the hysterics are off the charts here.

Imagine turning up for a match that you want to lose? Jesus wept :man_shrugging:

Rathdowney didnt play the next round of this…

You cant tell me Rathdowney dont have 13 lads under the age of 40 they could use to play that game. They dont want football there. If it works out, grand, if not, its a hindrance and they are happy to see the back of it.

Sure it hardly matters and half of them dead in a few years

Jaysus surely it matters even more then?!

didnt know that

He is also coaching De La Salle in Waterford this year with new manager Ian Flynn.

1 Like

Some big hurling games the weekend in particular Sars v Blackrock and Douglas v Midleton. Douglas usually have one big game in them so i think they’ll beat Midleton who haven’t been going well.

Who’s coaching Midleton this year?

Joxer o Connor

1 Like

Who’s over Ballyhale so?

Three lads that i have never heard of from three different clubs in Kilkenny none of which are Ballyhale. Seems utterly bizarre.

Joxer resigned in the dressing room after the All Ireland Club Final.