Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Who’s he

That Cork team will come good but Cork football and hurling teams over the past decade have shown up in certain games waiting for the opposition to roll over just because they played well the previous day.

Vs Tipp in 14
Vs Wex in 15
Vs Limerick in 18
Vs Tipp 20s in 18.

Look when ye start winning again ye will dominate but there is an unwarranted cockiness which rears its head from time to time.

He needs a moonwrap cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

It’s a long time since Cork could take any of those teams for granted, but of course yeah, when Cork lose its Carkness :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I disagree.

My theory is Cork are almost victims of their own “Corkness”. If cork meet Kerry the following week after beating them they’d have gotten hammered. Limerick or tipp wouldn’t have gotten within an arses roar of Kerry.

Cork teams have an incredible self confidence even when they are shit. This always gives them a punchers chance in any game. They were so overrated due to their win v Kerry simply because it was cork. It set things up beautifully for the under dog in tipp. You didn’t hear after the Kerry game that it was a total fluke which it was. It was all about cork being back.

It’s the Exact same with their hurlers last year when they bait limerick all over the pitch even though they weren’t any good.

The simple fact is cork aren’t very good at the moment but a bit like when Liverpool were shite at various times in the last 20 years they will always be capable of taking a scalp and get overrated on the back of it because of their history or previous standing in the game.

1 Like

One of the Canon’s donkeys who beat Babs thoroughbreds in 1990.

A nobody

I don’t really understand what he’s suggesting there

1 Like

I don’t either.

Corks arrogance is incredible and really adds to the championships in both codes.

@myboyblue Foley scored 2-07 all from play in that Munster final but didn’t play much after that year, focusing more on his dentistry career.

He played in 91 as well

1 Like

He’s absolutely seething

They should ban all the outsiders from the Sigerson team.

1 Like

An outsider won them their last few Fitz’s

I didn’t like to say. More than one actually.

1 Like

Biggest question to come out of today is how did Kerry lose to that cork team? One forward in Connolly with a bit of class. Mind boggling.

I’m sure Cork football has some issues but I’m not sure what the potential suggestion here would be?

Ban outsiders from UCC? Force all Cork players to play in Cork? Powter is a fine footballer; I doubt he’s been hindered too much by playing for UL, playing alongside Kerry & Mayo lads and the like. Not that any county footballers do much training with their colleges… including those Tipp lads.

Uncharacteristically poor shooting and conservative tactics

1 Like

Mark Foley has no point.

UCC welcome players from anywhere and if Powter wants to do a course in UL then fair enough.

He’s been in UCC for 4 years but probably barely played for them due to injury.

Mark must have been flailing himself when Nicky kicked that goal in 87 after soldiering with him in the Fitzgibbon

I’m beginning to think some lads actually believe the shite they post … Cockiness or Carkness aside, Cork GAA supporters are the finest in the country (and I held that belief long before I married into the bastards.) There’s been some very unsavoury, venomous, posting towards Cark over the last couple of days from lads from no mark counties - the mind boggles.

2 Likes