Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

My father always said Cork hurling supporters were the best. Win, lose or draw, you’d have a good chat with them leaving the match.

For what it’s worth, he said he never saw a crowd as bad as the Clare crowd. Utter savages, he called them.

2 Likes

The Cork wagons circle again. Its fascinating to watch.

To be fair, even when they were battering us every year, the Cork supporters were alway decent oul skins.

1 Like

I see the Carkies have revealed a new plan to find their “Corkness”

One Cork

To be brutally frank ( not sure if pub intended ) they need to find a way out of financial mire . It doesn’t look great for them in the short term

*pun

1 Like

I see Limerick native Jim Woulfe is on the steering committee, or is it a different Jim Woulfe?

I would think the same Jim . Isn’t he over Ballyclough .

Along with Nash, that is a fair clear out. They’ve a replacement for Nash though.

1 Like

Be hard to get someone to do what Walsh does alright. Actually wait…

Harsh. Walsh was an awesome talent in both codes putting in huge displays. Flip flopping between both and injuries meant his best days were behind him by the time he was 25.

2 Likes

He could barely kick a ball straight.

He was finished by 25 because of all the times he had to tog out isn’t that right @mac

1 Like

They are all trying to do a Liam Cahill now.

plenty knock him but he was a good servant. , he was superb in 2010 winning an ireland senior football medal , he wasnt far off man of the match in Cork’s 2014 Munster hurling final win, superb against Limerick in the 2019 munster championship. Any day the cork hurlers lined out without him, they were no better without him

1 Like

He played in a football team that excelled in not kicking the ball. The togging out took its toll

1 Like

His replacement is better

That clear out should have happened 2/3 years ago

Cork don’t have the players, simple as, I’ve watched a lot of club hurling this year in Cork and it was harmless enough stuff. Cork have a long way back to be a force in hurling again

1 Like

Welcome, mate