Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Poor game.

They are in different divisions so there isn’t really a natural rivalry between the clubs despite all the bride lads being in school in fermoy.

Rathcormac will win in a canter. Fermoy have v little hurling.

I’d say Bride Rovers would have a good rivalry with clubs like CastleLyons, Kilworth and Watergrasshill,
I don’t even think they’re in the same division as Fermoy

They’re both senior A no?

Sorry, yeah
Bride are Imokilly, Fermoy are Avondhu, so they wouldn’t have a natural rivalry despite being geographically close,
Fermoy has long been a wasteland

1 Like

In terms of geographical proximity there’d surely be niggle with fermoy being the destination for nights out, school as mentioned.

For its size, fermoy underachieve in every sport, it was always a handy 3 points in msl

There’ll be war in cloyne over that result I’d say. A lot was pumped in to it this year with the coaching ticket

It was the coaching job of the year to get that Cloyne team out of the group stages. They’d struggle at Prem Junior level.

Well there was much more thought of them around

Fermoy had some great minor sides back in the late 90s. The old Premier Minor championship was split in City and County and Fermoy along with Bandon were the top two county hurling sides for a few yrs. There never done anything after but the Avondhu Junior hurling championship was box office back then with Charleville,Kilworth, Fermoy, Shanballymore all v strong. You’d have 3000+ at a North Cork Junior hurling final.

2 Likes

Around where, Cloyne? They barely have a player of note these days. Unless theyve a serious batch coming from underage they’ll drop down the grades like a stone.

Luke Mannix, Johnny McCarthy et al

Billy McCarthy was some forward for Fermoy. Illness ruined his career.

1 Like

On that note I’d like to extend my deepest sympathy to you on your huge loss this week

Throws ins this afternoon pushed forward by an hour.

Confidence is low around the Rockies, Mulqueen not ingratiating himself with the locals

POS is an absolute class act centre back. BOS is brilliant, you’d have a few like the Walshes etc who’d have won seniors with immokilly. Like would bride rovers be falling down with players of note in comparison?

The weather conditions might help them.

They should be more worried about their underage at this stage, they aren’t playing in the “coiste” division in any age group.

Every club has its ups and downs, the Rockies were very strong underage a few years back, it will come around again, it won’t be for lack of trying.
A lot of Imokilly will be on their second game of the weekend, tired legs might win the day, in full flow the Rockies are as good as what’s there