Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

True but still, he can do it on a given day; there are lads on that panel years that never have and never will; kind of being made an example of? Don’t want to say scapegoat.

Serious natural talent being jettisoned to provoke the type of commitment Cahill has knocked out of Waterford; but Waterford have 4 or 5 standouts at good ages.

Aidan Walsh has now ‘announced his retirement’

1 Like

He is pretty much the same player he was when he burst on the scene in the early part of the decade. A lovely hurler when things break his way but never really kicked on.

3 Likes

Lehane , Kingston and a few more drift in and out during most games, and the chap from Youghal turns up when he wants, Tommy Cooper like, not like that etc etc

1 Like

The Munster Championship is sacrosanct. I think they go into Leinster.

Great servant

But he seems to be held to a higher standard than that. He is what he is. Lads seem to think he was a great and should be judged as that and he never was

Is he? He fucked off for a few years

1 Like

Aidan Walsh was great

Was I said

A good manager would get a tune out of him rather than fire him on the scrap heap. IMO.
As said elsewhere he’s as good as what they have and better than most.
But sure look it, what do I know, maybe his attitude is gash.
There’s two scenarios here though, either Kingston thought that panel was good enough to give it one last rattle or else he was too cowardly to cull what was needed when he took the job. Neither paint him in a great light imo.
I’ve no idea what his plan for them was this year either. I don’t think he’s the right man to turn them round at all

2 Likes

I’d have have given him another crack out around midfield maybe, especially coming off the bench. Think they might need Fitzgibbon’s punchiness at centre forward this year.

Clubmate Luke Meade has outlasted him with Cork, Meade was good this year actually.

1 Like

This is a classic example of it. Walsh was a great servant but Nash and lehane are dodgy, despite having given as much and done more

It’s a funny auld game

3 Likes

I’d say bar him those others were told to feck off nicely, more coming

Nash has been sublime for most of his career, but time to go was last year if not before

He had to wait long enough to get the jersey himself.

1 Like

Lehane is dodgy no argument

True -it’s a Cork thing

2 Likes

Will you go way you fucking rogue

I don’t know anyone who thought he was a great. There were high expectations of him as he flashed serious potential as a 19/20 year old and had bags of pace. He gave the odd glimpse of what he could potentially be but never really found another gear or consistency.

Still 10 seasons hurling intercounty is a good run of it all the same.

1 Like