Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Nash was a great goalkeeper initially but he’s been poor the last few years. He’s been persisted with based on past performances rather than what he was bringing to the table.

Not many lads cause a rule to be changed though. A nice legacy. Those 21 yard frees were lethal.

1 Like

He never done much for midleton either. He’s had a great run off it.

He might make it back, if he has been pushed, this could well be Kinston’s last year anyway. David Reidy managed to get back on the deepest panel in Ireland and broke the 15!

He’d be the type of player Dublin are crying out for. Dalo would’ve had a transfer arranged, met him for a few pints and drafted him in.

In all seriousness, this would never have happened under JBM, and he played his best stuff under JBM. A player’s manager.

1 Like

The first generation of Cork players to play for the bones of a decade and no AI Medal to show for it.

Looking increasingly unlikely Horgan will get one which would be a massive pity.

1 Like

“A pity “ ???’m

Ah look. Multiple managers have expected more from conor than he could give. He needed to be given a certain freedom that he couldn’t get in a front 6 with horgan and cadogan.

1 Like

And he played with a lot of pretty shocking players who weren’t on his wavelength.

1 Like

Yep I would imagine if he doesn’t win one, he’d be the greatest ever without one.

I’d have said Ken McGrath, Ciaran Carey and even a few more would’ve been a bit ahead of Horgan.

True.

The guy did plenty and can hold his head up high walking away

1 Like

John Mullane, Flynn, Tony Browne.

I think that is slightly harsh on Kingston as a manager, I think it is fair enough that a manager that had Cork in A/I semi finals in 2016 and 2017 would think that he might be able to get performances out of some of that core and would be fairly loyal to them, that is standard human nature. He gave them an opportunity this year and it didn’t work, you could argue that he should have been more ruthless but I understand where he was coming from.

Realisation that is time for a new broom.

There are no “pity”’cases if any player doesn’t win and AI let alone a player from Tipp , Kk or Cork

1 Like

I’d have Horgan ahead of all of them.

Ger Cunningham who has seen it all said he’s Corks best player since Ring.

Kingston has to be careful.

Waterford, tipp, limerick and clare are stronger than them.
Rebuilding now could be absolutely madness

We have had a fair bit of it in Limerick, Mulcahy originally, Seanie Tobin and even Niall Moran suffering in a team whose set up makes it hard for ball playing forwards.

Shaughs

1 Like

best wrists anyway

1 Like

They could wind up with looking a bit like Dublin, 10 committed lads with not enough hurling plus the 4 or 5 class odd class players; 2 of whom have huge mileage.

The sooner you do it the sooner we you can progress though. Very few players are to the manor born first day out at intercounty level and need time to find their feet. There are plenty of potential hurlers coming through. I don’t think there is much point in continuing with a number of lads who have shown that they are relatively decent hurlers but have come up short too many times. McDonnell, Cahalane, Eoin Cadogan, the three lads gone today etc.