Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

I might sound a bit mental but I’m talking in terms of them going to mcdonagh.

Not a hope. Cork will be back winning All Irelands come the latter part of this decade.

They won a football not so long ago and are in division three and are genuine division 3

Things are bad

Their development squads and underage sides have finally got the right men involved and are littered with former players from the 99 and mid 2000s A/I winning teams. They have been relatively strong at minor and 21/20s the last 4 years and are only going to crank things up imho.

Take out those players that retired and where are they?

Kingston better be sure he has right ones coming in because they were bottom of the pile as it is

1 Like

There’s not a chance in hell of them becoming another Offaly. Offaly got to one underage Leinster final in the last decade and got bet out the gate by Dublin. Cork have gotten to the last two U20 All Ireland Finals. Even if things got really ugly for them, Munster would go to six teams before Cork would get the drop.

1 Like

The best lads on those u20 teams were already playing senior

They’re in big trouble in the short term

I do think it’ll get worse for them before it’ll get better.

Plus, they are going to be in an extra competitive province. Limerick & Waterford should have relatively strong sides for the coming years and Tipp, while they will have some big names to replace in the next year or two, have a better base and imo have a better set of players to rebuild with.

Lads, Cork will win an Ireland within 3 years. The players we are crying out for are coming. Don’t lament the demise of Cork hurling. We were not a million miles of what was required this year. Ye can bookmark this.

2 Likes

Not his clubmate

Lehane is hopeless, give me a fucking break.

1 Like

“bookmarked”

Not going to happen.

1 Like

I’m mistaken

You are confusing him with Luke O Farrell I’d imagine. Meade is from Newcestown. Townies and non townies distinction there

1 Like

There is at least a dozen posters from other counties here who would be more pleased to see Cork win the hurling than you would

3 Likes

Hopeless he certainly is not. Has all the skills and athletic ability. Just the workrate for modern game is missing.

3 Likes

The successful Clare, Waterford and limerick underage teams of the last decade came on the senior scene in large numbers much quicker than many people would have assumed. They also made the step up to senior hurling fairly easily. I expect Kingston is trying something similar with the cork young players.

At the moment tipp, Galway and Kilkenny Are all entering a transition phase of sorts. That gives the likes of Limerick, Waterford and possibly Wexford a huge opportunity in the next two to three seasons. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see cork win an all Ireland in the next 3-4 years if not sooner. They’ve some seriously talented youngsters and a large pick. Cork won’t be far away.

1 Like

That’s harsh on him.

2:10 in a county final win. 2:7 from play.

He’s more than often finished as their top scorer from play in club games.

That county final did him more harm than good, always compared to it. A bit like Joe after Cork in 08.

2 Likes

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::ok_hand:

Hope you’re right