Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Collins was a much bigger underage talent than Saunderson. Maybe that isn’t worth much but a lot of blame on Collins is due to issues we’ve had for years.

Collins is a problem. Poor shot stopper at the level and lacks a presence. Saunderson not the answer imho.

1 Like

Declan Dalton in goal?

Has no interest. Was asked afaik, and refused.

1 Like

Who would you choose ahead of him? Nash? He is the best we have.

They might try and give the brother a few games, you know to see if he is an improvement. Paudie O Sullivan is the best prospect but a couple of years away.

Name of jaysus

3 Likes

As pathetic a post as I’ve ever seen from a cork man

1 Like

Certainly casts an unwelcome shadow over the Power rankings

The power rankings are very 2022

Shocking

You take that back

We’re taking your login in July

3 Likes

Please God

CORK (Allianz HL v Wexford):

Patrick Collins (Ballinhassig);
Eoin Downey (Glen Rovers), Damien Cahalane (St Finbarr’s), Seán O’Donoghue (Inniscarra, captain);
Ger Millerick (Fr O’Neills), Ciarán Joyce (Castlemartyr), Robert Downey (Glen Rovers);
Tommy O’Connell (Midleton), Darragh Fitzgibbon (Charleville);
Declan Dalton (Fr O’Neills), Séamus Harnedy (St Ita’s), Brian Hayes (St Finbarr’s);
Patrick Horgan (Glen Rovers), Alan Connolly (Blackrock), Shane Barrett (Blarney).

Subs: Brion Saunderson (Midleton), Niall O’Leary (Castlelyons), Eoin Roche (Bride Rovers), Tim O’Mahony (Newtownshandrum), Cormac O’Brien (Newtownshandrum), Conor O’Callaghan (Dromtarriffe), Luke Meade (Newcestown), Brian Roche (Bride Rovers), Shane Kingston (Douglas), Conor Lehane (Midleton), Jack O’Connor (Sarsfields).

That’s nearly the championship team I’d say

2 Likes

I pretty much called the team a while back, although I still think Lehane and Horgan will start, which means no Hayes.

You’d have to think that Brian Hayes probably loses out to Lehane based on last year’s Championship & this year’s league selections so far.

It’s unlikely he’ll just rip it all up for Championship.

Brian Roche possible starts there? Balance-wise, I feel like that the team is possibly a little short at MF/HF.

I suspect if Twomey didn’t get injured it would have been him at half-forward with Lehane 11, Harnedy the other wing and Hayes inside instead of Barrett.

No way will they start a Dalton/Harnedy/Hayes half-forward line in championship. Hayes should be close to goal anyway. Brian Roche won’t start regardless, he’d almost be doing well to make the bench with everyone fit.

Shame Twomey and Power picked up injuries.

Cunningham played a league game last week, but doesn’t make the 26 for Wexford. He surely has a chance to make the bench for the first round. They’ve given Lehane every chance and he’s been fine but not great. He doesn’t really deserve to start.

ROF could make it back for the championship so if he does surely he’ll be 13 and Barrett wing forward and Hayes benched.