Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

That kind of abuse of an u20 player is poor form.

4 Likes

The gahliban are v quick to turn on their own

Abuse aimed at the management - not the player - for playing a young lad completely out of position for multiple games you utter dolt.

It always puzzles me the amount of undiscovered high quality inter county coaches and managers hidden away here on tfk, from every county. Unreal.

3 Likes

What is your opinion on starting a completely lost half-forward at center-back for four championship games mate.

That’s not how you phrased it. Lads family or even himself could well see that. It’s unnecessary and you come across as an arsehole.

1 Like

Sure you haven’t a notion about the context behind that. What if he had been playing there all year since January in their challenge games and had been going very well there?

Would you give the management any credit on the huge call to parachute Hugh O’Connor from Newmarket into the starting team after the footballers were knocked out? It worked very well for them.

Last year some of the Tipp know-it-alls were slating Cummins. Now look. This year we have it from Limerick know-it-alls. People who know absolutely nothing. Like yourself.

2 Likes

Listen mate, if some lad living abroad years has decided a player is a half forward and not a centre back, who are you or the cork management to disagree with that?

He has played half-forward his entire fucking hurling career. Did you see him play center-back in any of the games?

He was repeatedly caught out of position in every championship game he played this year, naturally, because he doesn’t play that position. And he didn’t play there for a number of challenge games in the run up to championship as the corner-back O’Sullivan was played there as were other panellists.

He played there in several challenge games mate.

You really have some random Limerick lads who have never heard of this lad before and know nothing about his hurling history complaining non-stop for…reasons.

BOC completely underachieved, playing young O’Regan at 6 was fucking bizarre and Meyler is incompetent. Simple as.

So he didn’t play there in several challenge games?? I’m wrong?

I don’t have the lists for all the challenge games but he didn’t start there for at least two of them.

Did you see him play there for championship? Why was Tobin only moved there after 4 games?

Is this the same Ben O’Connor that up until Pat Ryan knocked half a tune out the senior team was seen as the messiah of Cork hurling in waiting? Dowtcha boi me dazza

1 Like

Yes. Might still get the job if Ryan doesn’t continue after this year.

Yes but I think they are right to point out that you were being harsh on an u20 guy.

This loss was a deeply disappointing one as we all know it’s one that we should have won. Very similar parallels to 2018 in fairness, except on this occasion Cork looked to me the better team comfortably. We failed to get over the line, that’s sport.

With Tipp, Cummins seems like a guy well able to extract something out of teams. His team last year was stronger than this year IMO - Stakelum, Kenneally, Leamy, McGarry, Quinn are all serious, serious players, yet they fell flat. 2022 and 2024, with weaker squads, Tipp performed very well both years and are now in a great position to win an AI.

1 Like

Fair enough but I’m not trying to say anything about the young lad in question, the issue was squarely on management.

So my point stands and i accept your apology

Will you answer my question regarding Hugh O’Connor

They had no choice but to ship him in, they literally cultivated no other puck-out winner on the panel besides Healy. Another huge issue everyone could see that they only “fixed” when the U-20 footballers got knocked out.

Do you think BOC didn’t underachieve this year with this group?