3 Likes

happy samuel l. jackson GIF by O&O, Inc

1 Like

Hon deccie boiā€¦

7 Likes

Oh dearā€¦

1 Like
4 Likes

Is it just me or is this lad not popular among people in the know?

His style of management is very old school. Works with young lads, not so well with older lads.

Didnt he manage Castlelyons last year? They eventually got over the line.

He was

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure, but he was not popular with players when in senior set up as far as I know.

He runs a tight ship and is regarded as a very good coach.

Very mixed reviews of him but IMO possibly deserves this chance. I would like to see Wall involved in Cork underage at some capacity.

1 Like

He deseves his chance alright.

This must be borne in mind amongst those touting Leo Oā€™Connor as a potential future Limerick senior manager.

2 Likes

Great picture of Collinsā€™ save from Gillane in this with an acknowledgment from his clubman.

Was he the man Alan Cadogan absolutely obliterated in a recent interview?

Not sure, did not read it.

The below is taken direct from the article in the Examiner a few months back.

ā€œ2022 was a frustrating year. During a one-to-one meeting with a member of management around March, which all players would have had for feedback purposes, I got some fairly blunt information. I was told there were a number of forwards ahead of me.

ā€œI was 29 at the time. It was nearly kinda, draw a line through Alan, we are not using him this year. That really rattled my cage by that particular individual.

ā€œIt was hard to hear that information, especially where I was coming from. If you said that to a 20-year-old just after coming in, Iā€™d say that would finish them. Whereas I was there nine years. I was saying, grand, it is not nice to hear and I donā€™t agree with it, but again, Iā€™ll prove you wrong kind of thing.

ā€œI wasnā€™t in the plans, basically. To be fair to Kieran [Kingston] against Galway, he wanted to make a change, wanted to bring me on, knew what I could do. But unfortunately, certain individuals didnā€™t want to bring me on that day. He probably stuck his neck out and said, ā€˜No, I am the managerā€™. And I think what you said there, 0-3 from four possessions, I donā€™t need to mention anything else.

ā€œI remember walking off the field and I looked those two individuals in the eyes, and I didnā€™t have to say anything else. Iā€™m going, thereā€™s your answer for that. It did give me satisfaction, I wonā€™t lie to you."

3 Likes

Mulcahy and Furlong were the two selectors

3 Likes

TBF, Alan Cadogan was a forward from a different era, no goal threat.

1 Like