Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Avondale :blush::+1:

Good win for Seandun here.

Heavy Mayfield rep, must be strong at inter this year. No Darragh Rodgers, thought the Echo said he was playing. Good full-back for Cork Minors years ago.

1 Like

Two teams playing each other in white ffs!

Cork

2 Likes

At least one starter out for the Cork senior hurlers for Saturday. Presume it is Harnedy.

Barrett should get the start in that case.

Probably, but he isn’t a puck-out option. Not that they have tried any puck-out option besides Harnedy.

1 Like

At the very least Barrett wont just concede a high ball he will get up and contest.

Apparently it’s not Harnedy - although Harnedy eas doubtful last week. Anyway a different starter.

I heard it’s a defender but I don’t know how true that is. He’ll be a loss

Possibly Cahalane then.

Museum, visitor’s center and cafe coming to the Pairc.

1 Like

Cork team announced

Patrick Collins, Ballinhassig
Niall O’ Leary, Castlelyons
Robert Downey, Glen Rovers
Sean O’Donoghue, Inniscarra
Tim O’Mahony, Newtownshandrum
Mark Coleman, Blarney
Ger Millerick, Fr. O’ Neills
Darragh Fitzgibbon, Charleville
Luke Meade, Newcestown
Seamus Harnedy, St. Itas
Patrick Horgan, Glen Rovers
Robbie O’ Flynn, Erins Own
Alan Cadogan, Douglas
Shane Kingston, Douglas
Jack O’ Connor, Sarsfields

Ger Collins, Ballinhassig
Sean O’Leary Hayes, Midleton
Colm Spillane, Castlelyons
Niall Cashman, Blackrock
Billy Hennessy, St. Finbarrs
Bill Cooper, Youghal
Conor Cahalane, St Finbarrs
Sean Twomey, Courcey Rovers
Shane Barrett, Blarney
Alan Connolly, Blackrock
Tadhg Deasy, Blackrock

Eoin Cadogan and Damien Cahalane injured. Conor Cahalane dropped. Dalton also injured @fenwaypark ?

Conor Corbett did his cruciate apparently.

We are in trouble. That forward line is very one dimensional. They are obviously hoping to ping diagonals into the corner but the players out the field just wont get the time to do this. That forward line have not shown an ability to work hard, which is a prerequisite.

I like Downey as a hurler but he was caught out a couple of times playing full back last year for the Glen. Throwing him in here is asking for trouble. You can say they were short on options but they failed to use the league constructively.

Bench is very underwhelming outside of Barrett and Connolly.

The big thing with this Cork team is you just dont know what you are going to get. They are consistent in their inconsistency.

2 Likes

I saying this for the past while. Downey is as big a duck I’ve seen ever tog for Cork. He’s a liability with his speed of hurling, pace and discipline.

@Watchyourtoes has a very good bet up for Shanagher to be motm. I’m going in on it.

4 Likes

Oooffftt!!!

2 Likes

Cork

Mugs game

Did Downey play well? I didn’t see any of it.

I can’t be catching up with the main thread, what’s the gist of it, I assume Clare threw it away?