Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Glenawilling

1 Like

Bit of a hidden treasure that one.

1 Like

People go off to Ardmore and thereā€™s fuck all to do there except look at a cliff.

Stunning beach in Ardmore.

Youghal has a lot more to offer alright.

Youghal has the most single mothers per capita in Europe, or at least thatā€™s what one of the lads told me when we were on the piss down there.

He also said he was father to most of them

5 Likes

Youghal was the place to be in the 80s, P+P in Claycastle, Perks on the seafront with the giant arcade, the dog track where youā€™d follow JBM to the bookie and put 50p on his selection with the tote, halcyon days

6 Likes

When did the train stop? The locals blamed that for the death of the town

I thought it was a lovely town when I visitedā€¦

Long long before my time, I never recall the train going past Cobh, sometime in the 60s Iā€™d say

The train still goes to Midleton I thought

Dungarvans success is after damaging Youghals tourism sector immensely.

Thatā€™s a recent thing, the Midleton station was closed for a long long time but they reopened that line about ten years ago, Iā€™ve never taken it. The Cork-Cobh line has been continuous.

1 Like

Na thatā€™s Cobh ( was anyway in the 90s)

Itā€™s a pity they ripped up Irelandā€™s rail line.

1 Like

Just driving through Youghal youā€™d feel it has far more to offer than Dungarvan really but maybe itā€™s the compact nature of Dungarvan that is more appealing.

In saying that Clonea is a fair trek out from the town

Itā€™s 15 years since I spent a few days saucing in youghal but it was a rough enough town. More a harbour town vibe than a touristy coastal spot

Itā€™s the greenway that has done it for Dungarvan. Youghal needs a serious renovation to cater for middle class Ireland that want cappuchinos and cocktails.

1 Like

Just finishing a week in the Garryvoe. There is no beach when the tide comes in and fuck all of a beach when the tide goes out. The grub is good though.

2 Likes

Youghal is a shithole. What in godā€™s name is there to do there these days?

Cobh and Midleton >>>>>

1 Like

Where would people in Garryvoe drink? The Cave was always empty when I went for food in Garryvoe Hotel.

Ladysbridge or
Castlemartyr or ballycotton Iā€™d say. The Cave is more a restaurant now as far as I can see

1 Like