Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Shanagarry, they’ve a pain in their hole with day trippers

Did you get to ballinwilling or ballynamona or any of the other beaches around about? Ballybrannigan even is a much nicer beach.

1 Like

I was in Midleton last month for the first time imagine and I thought twas a grand little town. I’ve been to cobh a few times and I like it despite some people give it a bad name

2 Likes

Cobh is a lovely place to visit, always was, it can be rough enough away from the seafront, it looks better than ever now to be honest.
Middleton is a nice town though you wouldn’t spend much time there outside of eating
Youghal is being connected to Middleton by a Greenway on that old track, will help it recover, it’s a fabulous beach

1 Like

We were on ballynamona for a day. A grand spot

Cobh is a lovely town/area, always take a trip up there when I come back, along with Ardmore.

Midleton - Middleton is English :smiley:

1 Like

Youghal isn’t bad per se . A nice beach and decent countryside . Like Ballyb it hasn’t had much put in to it for decades .

Very hard to see thst change due to relatively cheap sun holidays and the Irish weather .

Did you avail of the coffee truck - I think the lass running that is the daughter of some famous writer. I’ll have to ask my missus

We were in Cobh on Tuesday. I was never there before. I was very impressed. It was a beautiful afternoon and the place was bustling. A real Victorian feel off the place.
The statue of Sonia is very unflattering!

3 Likes

The harbour in Cobh is really nice and the colour scheme of the houses there are grand

Cobh has a severe lack of decent eateries for a town of it’s size.

I will say the day trip to Spike Island is probably the best tourist attraction in the country. It is run flawlessly and has something for everyone

Its as good as she could hope for.

1 Like

Harsh

I’d say she’s comfortable enough in her own skin at this stage of her life

1 Like

Coming home a few weeks early this year for the county final.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2021/0813/1240661-mark-keane-to-make-temporary-return-home-from-afl/

Jacob’s Ladder was decent the last time I was there.

2 Likes

Daire O’Leary definitely out for U-20s, complete disaster. Joyce tipped to go full-back, guess O’Donovan into the half-back line.

Meh
Cc @Plastic_Paddy