Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

So lads, how do we think the three finals will go? 1 out of 3 I think, with only the Minors winning.

Seniors just looks short against Limerick imo.

O’Leary out and Joyce full-back has ruined us for the U-20s.

1 Like

@gilgamboa

4 Likes

Would Pres or Christians be seen as a most prestigious / posher school ??

Much of a muchness

2 Likes

Pres much harder to get into?

No. As long as you have the €€€, you will get in.

1 Like

In most cases it will come down to where your old fella went, I always felt that Christians was the slightly more Prestigious school, plus they had St Angela’s and Scoil Mhuire on the doorstep, the Pres boys had St Als :grinning:

1 Like

I’d be a bit further removed from it than ye city lads but would have always thought was a bit of snobbery in Pres towards CBC as “new money”

Just watched the match. Great win, really resolute performance.

Beyond that, to my mind, we have had good to great U-20 teams since 2017. Going to be very difficult for the senior management to decide on who should make the cut next season. Of this group, Flynn, Power and to a lesser extent Quirke are three standouts hurling wise that look ready to step up to senior. Then Brian Roche from last year.

Cork not only are a good side, they look to have a significant number of standout hurlers.
Hard to pick a senior IC prospect from Galway, ye had six or seven.
A very good win, the scoreline flattered Galway. Congratulations.

1 Like

The big one tomorrow lads.

@fenwaypark @Locke

2 Likes

Dangerous rip tides in a few thereabouts

@Turenne @gilgamboa

4 Likes

Millerick and O’Leary-Hayes is a paltry enough return from the main Cork hurling school for the seniors.

1-20 Castlemartyr 0-11 Russell Rovers FT. :clap:

Congrats, ye have the backbone of a fine side.

1 Like

Regardless of today’s result, it’s always good to catch up with our Cork friends.

A healthy sporting relationship where we can battle it out on the field and enjoy the craic afterwards.

Cork will have their time again, and I expect Limerick fans will be as gracious in defeat as the Cork people were today. Up the Rebels and Up Limerick.

4 Likes

My understanding is that Kingston and Ryan have finished their contracts? Ideally we should swap both set of managements if possible, if not Furlong U-20 and Ryan seniors.

Realistically how many of the lads that we played yesterday are actually capable of winning us an AI? Excluding the older lads, a lot of whom have had persistent injuries and/or are on their way out. I’m not sure we are actually any closer to winning anything than we were 2-3 years ago.

I think it’s fairly obvious from the 2 under 20 finals that Tipp beat ye in and from yesterday that the work ethic and physicality is not of the required standard in Cork yet to win senior All Irelands. Playing a lad like Coleman centre back who has no presence about him epitomises this, along with bringing in a 35 year old to try make up for the lack of steel in the team. This years young teams will need another 3 or 4 years to mature and develop before ye get really competitive.

1 Like

We are further away. But mainly becuase Limerick have improved massively and pulled away from the pack. I’d say its much of a muchness in behind

In a better structure and with a better game plan than we saw yday 1 to 4, Coleman, Fitzgibbon, ó Flynn, Harnedy, hoggy, ó connor Kingston all have something to offer next season. Coleman and Downey out of position Fitzgibbon too probably he needs to find his form again which he has time to

3 Likes