Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Limerick. Was moaning about how physical the 'Barrs were last week.

I hope the Rockies beat them a point a man.

1 Like

He can be slated but Conor Lehane should surely be on Cork panel although i’d imagine he is happy to play away with Midleton.

Pains me to say it, but why wouldn’t you expect Lehane to impress?

1 Like

Lehane was on that panel long enough.

It’s better for everyone he focuses on club hurling where he will prosper for another 5 years.

2 Likes

Impressing a lot more than most of the Cork panel.

Lehane had his chance. A top class hurler but just didn’t happen for him for Cork. Better off for himself to stay away from it. Blarney and Kanturk was poor enough stuff but exciting all the same.

2 Likes

Do you seriously think he’s got anything to offer at intercounty level.

1 Like

Very poor game i thought. Sweepers on top.

1 Like

Ahead of some of the Cork forwards.100%.

1 Like

Name those forwards

Fuck off.

Against the two worst Cork Senior teams? Did you see him play for the Cork Seniors the last 5 years?

Who.

Not naming amateur players on a public forum but in my opinion Lehane better than a few.

The only players he is better than (arguably) are the lads who will be gone from the panel in 1-2 years for the lads coming through. Would you have him over the likes of Power, Cahalane, Roche etc

On present form i would indeed. I know who i’d rather be facing if my club was playing.

Cork club hurling is no relation to inter-county hurling. He thrives in club hurling against shite teams with mediocre defenders. Marking some jobber from Carrigtwohill is a world away from marking a proper inter-county half-back.

1 Like

Can anyone give me the full article?

Munster GAA chiefs have today confirmed that post-primary schools competitions will resume next month.

Comhairle Iar-Bhunscoileanna na Mumhan was forced to pull the pin on all their games last February due to government restrictions and lockdowns.

The first matches will throw in on October 6th with U15 football competitions across the five grades. U16 and a half hurling will follow a week later.

Provincial bosses have tweaked formats with all competitions - bar the blue riband Harty Cup and Corn UĂ­ MhuirĂ­- to be run on a straight knockout basis.

Those U19 ‘A’ hurling (Harty) and football (Corn Uí Mhuirí) competitions will have a ‘back door’ system for any teams that lose in the opening round.

It is hoped, once circumstances allow, that all competitions will return to their normal formats in September 2022.

The Corn UĂ­ MhuirĂ­ gets underway November 3rd while the Harty Cup is set to get underway on November 10.

HARTY CUP (R1 DRAFT FIXTURES): Gaelcholaiste Mhuire an Mhainistir Thuaidh v Hamilton High School Bandon (Winner progresses directly to quarter-final); Ardscoil Rís v Nenagh CBS; Thurles CBS v St Flannans College, Ennis; Blackwater Community School v St Colman’s College, Fermoy; St Joseph’s Tulla v De La Salle Waterford (Winner progresses directly to quarter-final); Midleton CBS v CBC; Cashel Community School v Our Lady’s Templemore.

CORN UÍ MHURÍ (R1 DRAFT FIXTURES): Colaiste na Sceilge v Skibbereen Community School; St Flannan’s College, Ennis v Mercy Mounthawk; Highschool Clonmel v St Brendan’s, Killarney; Scoil Pobal Rathmore v PS Chorcha Dhuibhne; Clonakilty Community College v Colaiste Chriost Rí; Intermediate School Killorglin v Tralee CBS (Winner progresses directly to quarter-final); Hamilton High School Bandon v Colaiste Choilm Ballincollig. Rochestown has a bye to round two

1 Like