Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

The problem with colleges is they enable players to play senior county in two different counties, when players are already playing too many games. Any team that can’t represent the county in munster club shouldn’t be participating. Youve the farcical situation where county final losers go on to represent the county

2 Likes

So the second or third teams of a club shouldn’t be allowed to play intermediate or Junior A championships as they can’t play in Munster if they win it out.

UCC are great lads when you think of it.

They haven’t won the hurling in Cork in 1970 but they have brought some tremendous colour to the championship in the intervening years. Some great players have togged out for them over time

Its an incredibly unique thing to see lads from all over the country rocking on to Pairc Ui Rinn on a Tuesday night to play.

I don’t think a club should be allowed multiple teams in the same grade no

Its mad really when you think about it,it would make more sense if UCC could only be made up of players from Cork. I see Diarmuid O’Connor was playing for UCC at the weekend, he’ll also be playing with St Brendan’s divisional team in the Kerry SFC, and playing with his club Na Gaeil in the IFC.

That’s not what I am referring to. Most club championships in the country have second or third teams competing at intermediate and junior A level while their first are senior. Should the second or third team not be allowed to play at the level of their ability just because they cant represent the county at provincial level if they win it.

I have a feeling Seanie O’Shea is also still eligible for Cork County Championship if he’s fit and able to play.

I see Seandun decided to run their junior semis off on the same day as their divisional side played Imokilly.

But But But the Limerick Championship is awful boring because some teams are too good.

cc @Perez2017

Divisional sides mate. Shouldnt be in Cork championship.

Exactly. You should worry about ye’re own non-contact shit show below there and not be worrying about your betters

I agree maybe a solution would be play out a pure club championship and also have a divisional championship run off where junior players who are good enough can have a crack off a higher level. Not sure if it would fit into the current calander

Limerick may have a decent county team but i wouldnt be envious of their club scene. Same 4 teams in senior semi finals for god knows how long.

1 Like

Yeah no you’re right, the Cork Championships are far superior alright… :thinking:

And 3 of the 4 aren’t even any good

So long as we continue to embarrass you miserable Tipp cunts then it’s all good!

Who’s we? You don’t even have a club

1 Like

The Limerick championship is like the Scotch soccer league, an Imokilly might give it a bit of life, you’ve teams breaking their balls for the honour of getting destroyed by Na Piarsaigh in the last 4.

A fine standard of hurling at the mo nonetheless by dint of having most of the best hurlers in the country take part

They’d all win Tipp at their ease, will you stop. Kiladangan ffs :rollseyes:

Na Piarsaigh would with all their players available alright. The others are very overrated by the Limerick lads based on nothing