Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Standard bearers

1 Like

Ah right…

Glen beat Parickswell few years back. Sars have some excellent forwards.

Jack O Connor and….

O’Connor and Daniel Kearney are their stars; Daniel Hogan also plays for them and won a U-20 AI this year while Aaron Myers, a Cork U-20 a couple of years back, appears to be flying this year.

Problem with gaging their forwards is that, from what I’ve seen, the defending in Cork club hurling is atrocious. There could have been 12 goals between Barrs/Rockies yesterday, and there were two Cork seniors in the Barrs full-back line.

For the remaining teams, I think you have two that might be competitive in a Munster club QF - Blackrock, Sars, - and three teams that would definitely fall short - Midleton, Erins Own, the Glen - plus Douglas, who are a bit unknown right now imo. Then Imokilly. It’s all very even and competitive, but I don’t think even competitions make for Munster club winners.

Rockies to retain this year’

Guys the Glenn beat Patrickswell a few years ago

Right? They won’t be beating anyone this year, much weaker than they were before.

The County Executive will be proposing Keith Ricken (St. Vincent’s) as incoming Senior Football manager on a two year term at our next County Committee meeting. Selectors will be as follows: Micheál Ó Cróinín (Naomh Abán), Ray Keane (MTU / St. Finbarr’s), James Loughrey (St. Brigid’s / Mallow), Barry Corkery (Éire Óg) and Des Cullinane (St. Nicholas). Coach to be announced in the near future.

Interesting , Cork senior footballers are the GAA’s biggest underachievers

CCR getting hammered at U-16.5 C level by Pres. :neutral_face:

Midleton well beaten at U16.5 by Flannans. How are they sorted for Harty @fenwaypark ? Assume they have Wilk, Leahy and Healy.

Heard ten of the Glen Minor team is at CBC. :crazy_face:

They were very flat I’m told. Flannans were excellent. They have a decent Harty Cup team but next year is the year they are expecting to go very close as all those cork minors will be in 6th year.

Who is the Fintan Daly fella who appears to have been shafted for the Cork football job?

John Cleary the coach.

Interesting to see how it pans out. Would have been a real roll of dice to give it to JFD who would have brought Donie Buckley with him. Was never realistically going to happen though. Face just doesn’t fit mores the pity

Ricken and JFD on same ticket would have been interesting. Ricken seem like the kind of fella would work well with most people

Cleary and Ricken wouldn’t strike me as the most tactical of management teams. Ricken has had very talented players in his U20 teams but I couldn’t tell you what was the overall strategy. Now to be fair to him he has looked outside the usual panel of player to find lads for his squads who wouldn’t have had a chance under other managers. Players like him but there’s a lot more to managing at IC level.
JFD with an outsider as coach would have been my preference. He has been waiting for this job for years and he’ll never get it now. I wonder what input Ray Keane will actually have on the setup.

Dónal O’Mahony appointed manager of the 20s. Fraggie over the u16s with a view to being minor manager in 2023.

My understanding is they were sceptical his game plan could work at IC level and I’d say it it is his way or the highway.

I think his approach would have been perfect. He’d have cleared the squad of flotsam anyway

1 Like

He did a cracking job with Abbeyside this year

Fraggy triggers the Limerick lads something awful

3 Likes