Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

They only field Junior football afaik.

Jeez

The Egan’s were super operators. Kevin was a top centre back. I think if Delaneys got senior 93/94 they would have won a Senior county.

They couldn’t win an intermediate but they’d have won senior?

10 Likes

I know its sounds mad but they had some mental block when it came to winning Intermediate. Carbery, Avondhu and Imokilly all won seniors in that period. Delanys won intermediate in 97, were on the slide be then.

That was an outstanding Imokilly team, Avondhu turned them over (huge shock) but they’d have absolutely blown away Delaneys who’d have relied on a few stars and a lot of junior hurlers

They’ve done well to stay competitive with such a small pick and a few committed families

1 Like

Cork convention on Saturday night.
One motion. Can’t get my head around this.
Got rid of U-18 because of pressure on lads due to leaving cert & lads playing minor & adult hurling.
Fixture congestion

Now they want to have U-19 & U-21 in 2022
Can’t see clubs passing this motion.

That Imokilly team got beaten by Ballyhea in 95 semi final, Avondhu 96, no world beaters.

The std of senior club hurling pretty much collapsed in the 90s and has never really recovered. Newtown are the only really strong club side produced since Midleton of the 80s.

Colm Spillane gone from the hurling panel apparently. I didn’t think he’d make it at senior IC but he was excellent until he got those injuries.

1 Like

He didn’t look related to an IC hurler in that game at the weekend

What’s your point.

Every time they drop lads off the panel these days it weakens the thing.

That it’s probably right he isn’t part of the Cork senior squad, I thought the ‘point’ was pretty obvious

Weakens what thing?

Seanie Leary RIP

Bed of heaven to him

3 Likes

Fuck…must have been young enough.
Rest in peace

69 years young

Iconic. The most Cork hurler of all.

4 Likes

I would say JBM was.