Cork GAA - They're going home! - sponsored by Sports Direct and Super Valu

Lehane is back also I’m told

We’ll see how the 5 do. Twomey is a lovely hurler but very leggy. Quirke could be the second coming of Kearney. Flynn is a classy hurler but similar to what is already there. Surprised maybe Kennefick isn’t involved.

1 Like

Seems like the minimum number have been brought up alright. Not too sure about Tommy O’Connell but we’ll get another look at him on Sunday.

Ah they added a load of U-20s a few months back like Daire O’Leary.

1 Like

I take this to mean Brian Hayes and Jack Cahalane are both going down the football route?

Kennefick is already on the panel. Pádraig Power and Daire O’Leary are too.

AFAIK Brian Hayes has yet to make his decision. I hope he picks hurling. I’d say Jack Cahalane will spend the year playing u20 in both codes and then decide after. I’d be shocked if he doesn’t pick hurling though.

2 Likes

Yes my apologies Damien is still there

The latter needs to get on the U-20 hurling team first.

1 Like

What do you mean? He started half the games in 2020 and was an excellent performer on the 2021 team?

3 Likes

Surprised Niall Cashman is still there. Looked well off the standard this year.

2 Likes

Colin O’Brien and the two Roches were on it already I presume.

2 Likes

In fact, other than been thrown at end of a few matches, we didn’t see much of Meany and Deasy.

Fair enough, they’re very likely not good enough but give them and a few others like them a full game or two in thw Munster league.

Maybe, throw on a few of the younger lads to give them a taste of senior hurling, nope, Cork aren’t bothering their hole entering a team.

I think it’s time for the Cork lads to pick a team for next year.

3 Likes

History suggests that kind of behaviour on TFK leads to all Ireland wins

It worked for us. Eventually.

Rome wasn’t built in a day

How many fast lads with lovely first touches can they cram into the starting 15?

1 Like

Brian Hayes focusing on the football according to PROC. More likely to get a chance there tbf, hurling is very raw.

Also supposedly Lehane is back on the hurling panel.

I’ll be able to watch the Midleton match online?

Gaago or Bang TV

1 Like