Cork v Tipp - Munster Hurling Semi-Final

Absolutely. They won’t have better hurleys anyway

Kev, where is the Under-21 Hurling on during the week?

Well I do and I don’t, what benefit is another Munster title to Tipp or Waterford for that matter, Cork, Clare and Limerick would only benefit from a Munster title in my opinion. I think the cork team have a better idea about tactical hurling that all bar KK, it’s clear they know how to win a game and they will have no fear of KK but have they the strength in dept to beat em I don’t know but I cant see Asike winning the same amount of ball against KK as he did today because KK will slap the hands off him

Some tool alright

Gas seeing lads on here saying Tipp are overrated and overhyped. They should have won last year’s All Ireland but for a dodgy referee decision and do not become a bad team overnight.

Agreed but sheedy had a lot of rootin today from the tipp team last september

lads are they roaring from sheedys head on prymerview

I now understand the special nature of this clash. I apologise to the Tip and Cork folks for My ignorance up to this point. Cork to win the next 3 All Irelands with something to spare I’d say. As for Tip, rolled over alarmingly easy. Didn’t see interviews, were Sheedys kids on show today?

Yeah, they were playing. :lol:

That was Cork’s season today. They won’t put in another performance like that all summer where as I expect to see Tipp back in an All-Ireland Final at least. :stuck_out_tongue:

:stuck_out_tongue:
Good to see a few of the lads who know their hurling minted up today. Tipp, as expected, were shite. Got to the All-Ireland Final last year by coming out of a seriously substandard Munster Championship and then beating a team at war with itself in the SF. Still couldn’t win the final despit KK putting in their worst championship performance of the decade.
Congrats to Langerville

A fantastic performance by Cork and not many saw it coming, apart from NCC whose avid viewing of the TG4 National League repeats on Tuesday nights really shone through. The smokes obviously aid his ability to analyse things calmly.

Aisake O’hAilpin today reminded me of when Kieran Donaghy was first brought into full forward for Kerry – he gives them a completely new option. Cork players reverted to instinct for a lot of the game by going short, but mixed it up beautifully. Fair play to Aisake, didn’t think he had that in him, the first 20 minutes of the Cork-Tipp league game turned out to be a serious form guide.

Horgan was class, what a finish for the second goal. I like the touch of arrogance he has. I still think Cork are carrying passengers in that forward line but even the likes of Fraggie Murphy and Niall McCarthy fed very well off the others. Ben O’Connor would probably have got man of the match on another day.

Curran and Cadogan and Cusack have probably already been talked about so there’s no need to add anything. All the Cork players played well with the possible exception of Kenny who I didn’t think was overly prominent. Sean Og O’hAilpin was decent but he was playing in a winning team and I don’t think he has much left. I thought he was going to have a nightmare after getting completely cornered by a couple of Tipp forwards early on. I think the strike was a real motivating factor for Cork today. They were playing to justify themselves and the position they took.

Padraic Maher got some roasting off Aisake when he was on him but steadied himself when moved out to half back and when he lobbed a peach of a ball to Brendan Maher for the last score of the half you would have thought Tipp would go in quite confident of turning it around. I still thought Tipp would win at half time as their midfield and half backs were getting on top at that stage.

But the first seven or eight minutes of the second half were what really decided it – Tipp had no fight at all and Cork completely went through them. There never looked to be a real chance of a fightback. You couldn’t pick any Tipp player and say they played well. Some poor selection decisions as well – Noel McGrath at half forward never looked at home, Buggy O’Meara was lost and Callinan was put in left corner for the second half which made no sense. Although I wonder what would have happened had Corbett buried that goal chance early on.

Cork peaked beautifully for today but I’d be doubtful if they can carry that through a season. It’s obvious what Tipp’s game is, to peak for August and September but it’s a very foolish game and this kind of a defeat can undermine the whole season. They were pathetic in the second half.

Kenny could barely move for fuck’s sake.

:rolleyes:

He was on the ground on three different occasions getting treatment for his hamstring. He was half fit, if that - are you sure you watched this match?

I was at it :stuck_out_tongue:

Where is MGG in her moment of glory?

Probably writing some pointless drivel that contains plenty of use of the word “yerra”.

Jayz Kev, you were fair giddy last night! suppose its to be expected. maybe if you have calmed down a bit there you’d see I said Sean Og proved the doubters wrong, including myself. Do you want me to apologise to him? :stuck_out_tongue:

and I said IF you were relying on Aisake to get scores at full forward. not you were depending on him. For the amount of ball he won and had in his hand, he wasted a lot. If you think that’ll do against Kilkenny or Galway, fair enough. I’d be of the opinion that he’d need to score an awful lot more with that amount of posession. he still looked as awkward as hell, but was very effective and made bits of the seemingly best young full back around right now.

enjoy the victory, but dont get carried away with the hype like your neighbours were and how you said they are. you have Limerick to get over next…

Well done to Cork on that game-good to see them wanting to win again and chasing and hassling for every ball. Tipp were not at the races at all and their touch was off too, sometimes taking them 2 or 3 goes to pick up the ball-perhaps they took it TOO easy in the league this year.

Curran was superb at centre back-going back to the early days when he was the best around. Did he get MOTM after?

Aisake was good but he does waste too much ball to be fair. Seán Óg played well but it was hard not too when your team were cleaning up.
Tipp’s Eoin Kelly, what’s the story here? Is he past it?

Gman was right in saying that Cork were well up for this game, more than Tipp were anyway. Don’t know if the Carkies can keep it up for the remainder of the championship but it’ll make it more interesting at least.

Down the Pairc.